Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Export Grand Cherokee 2011+ (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/)
-   -   Knocking noise while coasting. (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/knocking-noise-while-coasting-45462.html)

OFDHZY 07-31-2012 07:52 PM

Knocking noise while coasting.

Hi i have a MY11 GC 3.6L petrol, after the 12000km service i noticed a very slight knocking noise while coasting (not accelerating) the frequency would vary with the speed that i was coasting at... been to Jeep service this morning and was advised that i require a new rear diff assembly?!?!? also have to wait cause as expected their is nil stock anyone else experienced this issue?? as I honestly thought that the rotation of the tyres at the 12000km service would have been the cause..

allypally 07-31-2012 08:36 PM

Re: Knocking noise while coasting.

Read Diff slap after 12,000 k's? Sounds like a faulty diff. Not heard anyone else reporting that.

OFDHZY 09-26-2012 03:19 PM

Went in on Monday to get the diff changed... dropped the car of got a call the next day that the diff that took some took nearly 8 weeks to arrive has the wrong bushes!?!? .. the dealer is now gonna have the car for 3-6 weeks!!!! ...... might as well have bought an ALFA Romeo!!! at least their service is well equipped to service their factory spec lemons...

allypally 09-26-2012 05:49 PM

I'm surprised they didn't send a steering wheel instead. Not many servicemen know the difference.
In the parts order form they probably requesteed "A Roundish thing to make the car go"

GlennR 09-26-2012 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OFDHZY (Post 688831)
Went in on Monday to get the diff changed... dropped the car of got a call the next day that the diff that took some took nearly 8 weeks to arrive has the wrong bushes!?!? .. the dealer is now gonna have the car for 3-6 weeks!!!! ...... might as well have bought an ALFA Romeo!!! at least their service is well equipped to service their factory spec lemons...

Care to mention the service centre?

ENFORCER 09-26-2012 11:06 PM

Tell them to give you the car back until they get the correct parts. Having a car for more than a week is totally unacceptable. I am sure they could get parts from their new warehouse faster, but unfortunately they only purchased $14mill of FAIL to stock it with.

OFDHZY 09-27-2012 01:18 AM

At this point they have supplied a Cherokee as a courtesy car.... I made a point of getting a courtesy car of them as I had funny feeling that this kind of situation might be on the cards!!!

OFDHZY 09-27-2012 01:20 AM

service department is the one with a large Habour bridge near by.... :s