Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/)
-   -   Xpel application on headlights/foglights (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/xpel-application-on-headlights-foglights-45506.html)

Wxchaser 08-01-2012 06:45 PM

Xpel application on headlights/foglights

After having Xpel on the front hood, A pillars, mirror caps, front bumper wrap, top of roof, rocker panels on doors since purchasing last October - I had the opportunity last week to have a good installer put Xpel on my headlights and foglights.

It's something I should have done originally - but my installer this time did a great job. It will prevent damage to the lights from chipping and I think it looks great, no orange peel effect or anything.

armoredsaint 08-04-2012 10:21 AM

Re: Xpel application on headlights/foglights

pics? you know better than that ;)

JTS97Z28 08-04-2012 10:27 AM

Damn, that must have cost you a pretty penny to have that much clear bra installed! Places around here wanted $600 just for the bumper, hood, and fenders. Thats good though, your keeping the car nice and mint for the next owner :-D

Kayak83 08-08-2012 01:59 PM

Pics?

subbie09 08-08-2012 11:27 PM

Just ordered up a set of Xpel covers for my headlights and fogs from autoanything to protect them. Wish I had the dough for the full front protection package.

subbie09 08-10-2012 09:12 PM

Just applied a set of Xpel headlight and fog lights. Applied with just water, b/c there was no alcohol in the house to mix with per the directions. Heated with a heat gun. Took my time. Almost perfect application. Now just got to wait to dry(like waiting for window tint to dry) to see if I applied correctly. Out of a 5 star difficulty, this would be about a 2.5, mostly for time and patience. It took me about 2 hours taking my time to do this. So tomorrow we shall see how they look. I must say, they weren't cut to fit exactly, I was sort towards both ends, the amber reflector side but not by much. Tried heating and stretching and no go. But can hardly tell. Will post pics up once dried...

Now to save to get the front end protection on before winter...

mickey53usa 08-19-2012 10:44 AM

I just installed 3M Venture Shield on the hood, fenders, headlights and fog lights of my JGC that I picked up on Friday. Next weekend the bumper gets done (to hot to do it now). Put the "chrome" bezels around the fog lights. Mud flap install coming later today.

Michael

robpp 08-19-2012 03:16 PM

i bought the 40MIL Lamin-X for the fogs.

i have clear bra on the headlights done when i did the front end.

subbie09 08-19-2012 07:12 PM

I am going tomorrow to Shades of Gray Window Tint outside of Phili. They are doing a Venture Shield wrap of my bumper, hood, quarter panels, grill and mirrors. This is something I should have done to my previous car.

ClarkeyWKCRD 08-20-2012 03:00 AM

Pics?!

subbie09 08-20-2012 09:26 AM

I will once it is all on.

A.H.A 08-21-2012 09:31 AM

I installed the same for headlight and fog light.