Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Off Road Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f42/)
-   -   OME: Optional Front Trim Packer kit - necessary? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f42/ome-optional-front-trim-packer-kit-necessary-45568.html)

mcalc55 08-03-2012 11:06 AM

OME: Optional Front Trim Packer kit - necessary?
 
"The optional front trim packer kit listed below helps level your Jeep out since they do sit a little lower up front"

Ok I got what it 'does' but how significant of a drop are we talking about. A little pitch forward might look aggressive? I'm not sure, any thoughts or better yet opinions? I'm thinking of jumping straight through to the OME lift soon even tho I have stock tires. I'll worry about those next.

Is there anything else I'd need besides the front strut, front spring, rear shock and rear spring that comes in the kit? I'm ordering for Kolak and getting installed for $350. I wouldn't mind any thoughts on that either.

Thanks guys!
Mike

tfranzone 08-03-2012 03:03 PM

Re: OME: Optional Front Trim Packer kit - necessary?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mcalc55 (Post 665244)
"The optional front trim packer kit listed below helps level your Jeep out since they do sit a little lower up front"

Ok I got what it 'does' but how significant of a drop are we talking about. A little pitch forward might look aggressive? I'm not sure, any thoughts or better yet opinions? I'm thinking of jumping straight through to the OME lift soon even tho I have stock tires. I'll worry about those next.

Is there anything else I'd need besides the front strut, front spring, rear shock and rear spring that comes in the kit? I'm ordering for Kolak and getting installed for $350. I wouldn't mind any thoughts on that either.

Thanks guys!
Mike

You're set. Get the OME lift and dont look back.. $1,000 for the lift and install is fine.
You're gonna want new tires ASAP once you see that OME lift installed though.. you're looking at probably another $800 there new.. so start saving :D and you might wanna look tio get wheel spacers too.

A front leveler isnt necessary, it personal preference. If you dont like the look of any rake, then you can always get a set of Rustys Strut Spacers for $30.. they will boost your front up another 1/2" and install is quick...no strut disassembly required, I think. I would see how you like it with the OME lift.. and then if you want the front higher, you can get the strut spacers afterwards..

I love my lift, but I wish I spent more to get the OME... oh well... in the future, I guess. Enjoy your newly lifted WK.

omelet 08-05-2012 03:30 PM

Re: OME: Optional Front Trim Packer kit - necessary?
 
Yep, just get the OME lift from Kolak and call it a day! With the V6 you wont need any additional boost in the front, the Jeep will sit nice and level. What are your plans for wheels(spacers) and tires?

mcalc55 08-05-2012 08:39 PM

Re: OME: Optional Front Trim Packer kit - necessary?
 
Not quite sure yet but if you read my other post tonight I got embarrassed on the trail yesterday haha basically didn't get anywhere cause I have no clearance and shitty stock tires. Oh well. Anything would be a big improvement. It's my daily driver though so I'm not sure what tires are best. Are there many options that would fit on the stock wk wheels? I have them plastidipped and actually don't mind them if it can save me a good chunk of change...

psprat496 08-05-2012 10:31 PM

Re: OME: Optional Front Trim Packer kit - necessary?
 
Where can I order from Kolak? I'm interested in doing the hd lift as well and putting on some jk wheels 17x9 (if I can find any...) and 265/70/17 bfg tkos'

omelet 08-06-2012 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcalc55 (Post 666271)
Not quite sure yet but if you read my other post tonight I got embarrassed on the trail yesterday haha basically didn't get anywhere cause I have no clearance and shitty stock tires. Oh well. Anything would be a big improvement. It's my daily driver though so I'm not sure what tires are best. Are there many options that would fit on the stock wk wheels? I have them plastidipped and actually don't mind them if it can save me a good chunk of change...

Well the OME will definitely give you more clearance for larger meats. I'd say get a set of wheel spacers and some 255/75/17 or 265/70/17 tires and you will be quite capable. Some good cheap A/T tires like Falken WildPeaks or General AT2s are a great pic.


Quote:

Originally Posted by psprat496 (Post 666317)
Where can I order from Kolak? I'm interested in doing the hd lift as well and putting on some jk wheels 17x9 (if I can find any...) and 265/70/17 bfg tkos'

You can email him: Kolak@aol.com

psprat496 08-06-2012 12:44 AM

Re: OME: Optional Front Trim Packer kit - necessary?
 
Thanks I'll go ahead and send him an email about the lift kit.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:20 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community