Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Troubleshooting/Problems (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f181/)
-   -   Abs light, service brake system and 4wd system (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f181/abs-light-service-brake-system-and-4wd-system-45606.html)

chaase68 08-04-2012 08:04 AM

Abs light, service brake system and 4wd system

ABS LIGHT, SERVICE BRAKE SYSTEM AND 4WD SYSTEM.

These light have been coming on for about a week now and can't figure out what it is. I had a friend of mine hook up his home owner scanner and said that it wasn't pulling any codes!!!

I have been reading online and they say there is a key trick to read the codes. I have tried and failed anyone have any experience with this?

Also I recently upgraded the shock, struts and springs. With some OME and Spidertrax spacers with Sahara wheel and Dueler tires

When I purchased my truck I bought the additional warranty, is the lift and bigger tires going to void my warranty?

Any info would be great guys!!!

JMLoughrey 08-04-2012 10:03 AM

Re: Abs light, service brake system and 4wd system

The lift and bigger tires are going to be a per dealership kind of item if they deside to void your warrenty or not. On the suspension portion of your vehicle.

I would check to make sure you didnt some how hit any of the ABS sensors. Also, you'll need to find out if your buddys code scanner is "canbus" based.

Scottina06 08-04-2012 10:16 AM

I bet you bumped the abs sensor

05wkguy 08-04-2012 11:25 AM

^^^^^^^^^^^

Most likely an ABS sensor but it's possible you just disconnected it when doing the suspension work and forgot to re-connect.

2005JGC 08-04-2012 02:19 PM

disconnected or more likely damaged.... now its just a matter of which one, I replaced a front one of mine recently and my cost (employee price) was like 32 bucks for a mopar sensor.

chaase68 08-05-2012 02:19 PM

Hey, ok here is an update. Got the DTC code U1418 from the key trick. Which I think is the Right Speed Sensor. Does anyone know how to figure out if its the front or the rear? Also is anyone has a part number from mopar and any pictures would be awesome!!! Thanks for all the replies

robpp 08-05-2012 03:07 PM

A model year as well as trim level might be helpful to find part number. TapaTalk no sig :(

robpp 08-05-2012 03:12 PM

They sell front and rear no difference r or l. Need to know F OR R.

This is about the speed sensor.

chaase68 08-05-2012 03:36 PM

Hey sorry for the lack of info. Its a 2005 WK 5.7L Hemi Limited. As far as the Front or Rear I am not sure. According to the internet the DTC U1418 means Right Speed Sensor. I guess the PN of both would be best. :)

2005JGC 08-05-2012 05:47 PM

if for nothing more I would guess the front considering you (or some shop) were just in there to do the lift... if the sensor was not disconnected from the knuckle or the strut during dissassembly it can easily damage the harness.

chaase68 08-06-2012 02:19 PM

So today I took off from work and replaced both the front and rear right side. Speed Sensors. All my lights are still on. Says Service 4wd System, Service Electric Brake System and still DTC code U1418. Anybody got any suggestions?

dr.lee.baugh 08-06-2012 03:16 PM

Have you reset the system and/or cleared the codes from before?