Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Export Grand Cherokee 2011+ (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/)
-   -   Salters Moorooka (Brisbane) Service? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/salters-moorooka-brisbane-service-45642.html)

ultraelvis 08-05-2012 12:53 AM

Salters Moorooka (Brisbane) Service?

Have any Brisbanites had their vehicle serviced at this dealer and if so were they any good? Were they good on price?

AussieWK2 08-05-2012 02:19 AM

Re: Salters Moorooka (Brisbane) Service?

Had my 10K service done there thinking being the new Jeep kid on the block they'd have a point of difference. WRONG!

I booked in the service, TSB updates and a couple of warranty repairs (steering thud, rattling hood latch and passenger seat). They called me in when ALL parts were in.

Not until I collected it did they advise me they they had no oil filters in stock and "it's ok, you don't really need to change the oil filter at 10k" which flies in the face of the service book.

They tried charging me for the filter.

$430.00 is what the going rate for a $10k service but I'm finding a good clean independent at the 20k.

Run a mile from Salters.

I'll never go back there again!

ultraelvis 08-05-2012 05:25 AM

Yeah, i've got the V6 and supplied oil and filter to my own mechanic.

Can you book in just to have any TSB's applied?

If you can get your hands on filters try Buranda Automotive; good mechanic who you can trust to do the work.

Leo Muller at Mansfield are terrible to. Felt like a shower after walking out of that joint.

ClarkeyWKCRD 08-05-2012 05:42 AM

I walked away from Salters after a salesman had no interest in letting me test drive a Grand if I couldn't be sure whether I could afford to buy one.

2 weeks later I ordered one from Leo Muller, Holland Park. The deal I got from Leo Muller was ok but I don't think they're service is that great.

A perfect example of this is that once I paid my nearly 60K and drove away the sales department just 'forgot' to order my front recovery hook that wasn't in stock when I picked up the car.

I found this out when called their service dept to book in for the 1 month safety inspection so I had them order one for me. That was the 12th of July and the safety inspection has come and gone and I still don't have a front recovery hook.

The salesman couldn't provide me with an explanation and said he would follow it up. I still haven't heard from him.

So my guess is that they're all as bad as each other.

geokep 08-05-2012 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClarkeyWKCRD (Post 665945)
I walked away from Salters after a salesman had no interest in letting me test drive a Grand if I couldn't be sure whether I could afford to buy one.

2 weeks later I ordered one from Leo Muller, Holland Park. The deal I got from Leo Muller was ok but I don't think they're service is that great.

A perfect example of this is that once I paid my nearly 60K and drove away the sales department just 'forgot' to order my front recovery hook that wasn't in stock when I picked up the car.

I found this out when called their service dept to book in for the 1 month safety inspection so I had them order one for me. That was the 12th of July and the safety inspection has come and gone and I still don't have a front recovery hook.

The salesman couldn't provide me with an explanation and said he would follow it up. I still haven't heard from him.

So my guess is that they're all as bad as each other.

Hi Clarkey

Can i ask who you spoke to for the sales side for your car i am looking around for one and would like to avoid D*cks if i can, i know not to go to Salters in Springwood as i think they thought i could not afford one either. Isn't it funny how you get judged on how you look and if its Saturday or Sunday yeah i could look like that but go back Monday to Friday and they are keen as to talk to you. So the guy that did not want to speak to me on Saturday i told to get stuffed i would not buy a car from him as long my Ar*e pointed to the ground. funny what a shirt and tie does.

I will do all i can to steer people away from Salters in Springwood in Brisbane.

So if any one has a good sales guy that would appreciate a sale please let me know.

Studgun 08-05-2012 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geokep (Post 665958)
Isn't it funny how you get judged on how you look

Try being 20 and attempting to buy a new car. Had it trying to buy the Falcon last year, and even moreso with the GC this year. Car dealers assume because i am young I am a poor student, when I actually earn 6 figures. Their loss; moved on to someone who didn't ignore me.

allypally 08-05-2012 07:18 AM

If you guys were interested in getting your car in Sydney, I could recommend 2.

ClarkeyWKCRD 08-05-2012 07:32 AM

Hey geokep.

I dealt with Paul Sarkis. He's an American fella and a nice bloke. I found him pretty honest and he didn't try and sell me anything I didn't need.

I don't know what happened with the tow hook sitch and whether it was even his responsibility to order it but apart from that I found him to be a good salesman. (Well, as good as one can be anyway.)

Hope this helps.

GlennR 08-05-2012 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geokep (Post 665958)
Hi Clarkey

Can i ask who you spoke to for the sales side for your car i am looking around for one and would like to avoid D*cks if i can, i know not to go to Salters in Springwood as i think they thought i could not afford one either. Isn't it funny how you get judged on how you look and if its Saturday or Sunday yeah i could look like that but go back Monday to Friday and they are keen as to talk to you. So the guy that did not want to speak to me on Saturday i told to get stuffed i would not buy a car from him as long my Ar*e pointed to the ground. funny what a shirt and tie does.

I will do all i can to steer people away from Salters in Springwood in Brisbane.

So if any one has a good sales guy that would appreciate a sale please let me know.

Ask for Marco only at Leo Muller who I actually rated, but your gonna need a good service centre. I wouldn't recommend any other salesman at that dealer for personal reasons.

Davosoz 08-05-2012 08:49 PM

Hi Guys,
Re buying i had a really good experiance at Gold Coast Jeep, delat with Vlad there, he was great, really straight up when it came to price, no "we cant do it for that price" BS, he got me into a 12 build in April at a better price than i could get for an 11 build in Brisbane. Service wise, i had some issues there, not sure i would go all the way down there from Brisbane, although they do give me a free loaner for the day.

geokep 08-06-2012 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davosoz (Post 666277)
Hi Guys,
Re buying i had a really good experiance at Gold Coast Jeep, delat with Vlad there, he was great, really straight up when it came to price, no "we cant do it for that price" BS, he got me into a 12 build in April at a better price than i could get for an 11 build in Brisbane. Service wise, i had some issues there, not sure i would go all the way down there from Brisbane, although they do give me a free loaner for the day.

Hi Davosoz

I spoke to Vald about 2 week or so ago and he was going to get back to me the next day. I did not hear any thing for a few days so gave him a call back and he told me he was leaving the company. So i asked what was going to happen he said he would get some to call me back and guess what no one did.

I am shocked at how the consumer gets treated by Jeep sales and service. If some one wanted to give me $75k+ to buy a car I would do anything so they could not get away just goes to show that the personal service is long gone. Who want to open a jeep dealer ship and treat customer the correct way and make a killing because these jokers have no IDEA!

I really thought with Salters getting into it they could have learnt alot, but know.

I must say I did Deal with a Guy call Lee that use to work at Leo Muller Albion but I have heard he now works for CJD Australia would love to get hold of him. He was out standing!

and please please some one tell dealers to do some customer research and read some forum sites .

Davosoz 08-06-2012 01:41 AM

Hi Geokep,
Thats a shame he was a pretty straight up guy. I also spoke to John there he's the dealer principle. He fitted my weathershields for me (long story) he's pretty helpful, maybe give him a call directly. The big problem is that they are selling the cars pretty easily and having to work to make the sale. I also found going there in person made a big difference, i spend a few Saturdays doing the rounds of Brisbane. I dont think they take phone enquires too seriously to be honest. Good luck with it.