Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f185/)
-   -   What do I need for an OME lift? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f185/what-do-i-need-for-an-ome-lift-45670.html)

psprat496 08-05-2012 10:15 PM

What do I need for an OME lift?

Been thinking about doing the ome lift on my '08 wk. Wondering exactly what I need to purchase to get the 2.25" lift. Does it call for new springs? Shocks? I see RRO offers their own suspension components and see a lot of people on here have the "OME Full HD" setup and was wondering exactly what that consists of. Hope someone could help me out because I'm really trying to get this lift and some new wheels and tires soon :D

Anon155 08-06-2012 11:11 AM

Re: What do I need for an OME lift?

I just bought my OME HD lift from Kolak. I wanted more lift than the standard 2" budget lifts. I was looking at the RRO, Rough Country or OME. OME was a lot more money, but well worth it in my opinion. The RRO lift is similar to the rough country or daystar lifts. It uses a spacer in between the shock and strut mounts to give added lift. The OME on the other hand uses all new heavier duty shocks, struts, and springs. Which gives around 3" of lift. The OME will run anywhere between $715-760 plus shipping depending on where you get it from. I would suggest getting it from Kolak(kolak@aol.com) he's very knowledgeable and has great customer service. As I see it, you can't go wrong with any one of these lifts. All 3 have great reviews, and customer support to back them up. Do a search. There's a lot of great info on the site about all of them.

psprat496 08-06-2012 04:50 PM

Re: What do I need for an OME lift?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anon155 (Post 666502)
I just bought my OME HD lift from Kolak. I wanted more lift than the standard 2" budget lifts. I was looking at the RRO, Rough Country or OME. OME was a lot more money, but well worth it in my opinion. The RRO lift is similar to the rough country or daystar lifts. It uses a spacer in between the shock and strut mounts to give added lift. The OME on the other hand uses all new heavier duty shocks, struts, and springs. Which gives around 3" of lift. The OME will run anywhere between $715-760 plus shipping depending on where you get it from. I would suggest getting it from Kolak(kolak@aol.com) he's very knowledgeable and has great customer service. As I see it, you can't go wrong with any one of these lifts. All 3 have great reviews, and customer support to back them up. Do a search. There's a lot of great info on the site about all of them.

I went ahead and sent Kolak an email and he got back to me right away. I'm planning on getting the HD kit soon and adding some jk moabs to my car. Thanks for the info