Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Jeeped in Perth australia up to the floor pan (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/jeeped-in-perth-australia-up-to-the-floor-pan-45682.html)

teye 08-06-2012 08:46 AM

Jeeped in Perth australia up to the floor pan

GC Loredo v6 (loredo X is the equivalent i think for you guys)

tip when 4 wheel driving on your own, wear thongs as they are great for digging cold sand in the morning.
Next tip wear shorts and tshirt as long pants wont get dirty and shirt wont get in your way when struggling to remove sand from wheel tops
Next tip try and perform tricks with no one around that way no offense will be taken with screaming and devlish language.
Final tip cruise past onlookers like u meant it.

Oh and remember 2 year old in the back is not laughing at you, its just what they do.

And I suppose overall dont be lazy let the tyres down :)

rubicontrail.net 08-06-2012 09:36 AM

Re: Jeeped in Perth australia up to the floor pan

:-) It sound's like at least you are taking it all in good stride.

The last point about airing down the tires might have prevented the need for the first tips.

Oh and carrying something like MaxTrax would be advised in the sand: http://www.maxtrax.com.au/

armoredsaint 08-06-2012 09:53 AM

Don't drink and post ;):D

savvas 08-08-2012 09:59 PM

Our US friends will be struggling to work out how you dig sand with a thong, as that is a g-string over there.

Teye means "flip-flops" in american.

scarps 08-08-2012 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by savvas (Post 667735)
Our US friends will be struggling to work out how you dig sand with a thong, as that is a g-string over there.

Hey Savvas, There are many ways to dig out a sand bogged 4WD with a G-String. Open your mind man to the possibilities.
Apologies if anyone offended by inappropriate use of a thong.

BobT 08-08-2012 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by savvas (Post 667735)

Then I suppose g-strings could be called anti-flip-flops (for men that is).

teye 08-09-2012 12:24 AM

what kind of stupid name is that to quote flip flop hahah yeah ive heard it before of course. Digging sound out of a thong not my job clean up ur act id say :lol: but seriously what a car eh. My last a 2010 japanese built outback diesel would have eaten the sand and asked for more but that would be its limit.

Roddy 08-09-2012 12:48 AM

Remove the thong....grab sand with your butt cheeks.....drop sand into thong.....use thong to slingshot sand away from Jeep....repeat.
Area soon clear ?
Bwaahahahaaaaa

scarps 08-09-2012 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roddy (Post 667835)
Remove the thong....grab sand with your butt cheeks.....drop sand into thong.....use thong to slingshot sand away from Jeep....repeat.
Area soon clear ?
Bwaahahahaaaaa

Now ya talkin:-)

kkreit01 08-09-2012 12:16 PM

When I was young, they were "thongs". I also drank pop. Ate dinner at lunch, and supper at dinner.

Tybalt39 08-10-2012 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kkreit01 (Post 668079)
When I was young, they were "thongs". I also drank pop. Ate dinner at lunch, and supper at dinner.

I was going to say mostly the same, but I couldn't be bothered to lift my tired old hands to the keyboard.... Oh, wait..... :D