Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Engine Performance/Intakes/Exhausts (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f108/)
-   -   What the F is going on with AFE? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f108/what-the-f-is-going-on-with-afe-45690.html)

Seandmac 08-06-2012 12:52 PM

What the F is going on with AFE?

I ordered a CAI for the 3.6 2 months ago. It was supposed to be shipped out 3 days from the date of purchase. Not the case... they took my money then said I was put on a waiting list. They keep moving the eta up.

This is getting f-ing ridiculous. I'm ready to just purchase the K&N. Screw AFE. This is bullshit. How difficult is it to make a plastic tube with some cotton gauze on the end of the it.

AFE get your shit together.

If I have to hear that shitting stock intake gasping for air any longer I'm going to lose it. The stock system sounds awful!

armoredsaint 08-06-2012 05:51 PM

Re: What the F is going on with AFE?

Maybe there's a strike in China? ;)

Jeep_addicted 08-07-2012 11:14 AM

something is up with their supply chain

A month ago I ordered a pro dry S drop in filter and the vendor ended up having to refund me because I had already waited two weeks and was not willing to wait another two for the filter and I suspect if I did opt to wait I would have still been waiting.

I have not attempted to reorder one as yet but now your rant has me ready to just get a K&N which I don't want to do

armoredsaint 08-07-2012 03:25 PM

maybe they are concentrating more of their manufacturing efforts towards higher volume models like Mustangs, BMW's, Camaros, Asian imports etc?

i can't blame them, they need to make money.

kkreit01 08-08-2012 09:52 AM

I like their products, but I once waited ~ 1 month for a filter as well. I bought from Amazon, and it was shipped directly from aFe. Apparently, they make them as orders come in? I don't know, but it doesn't seem like they have a supply on their shelves?

Jeep_addicted 08-09-2012 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kkreit01 (Post 667396)
I like their products, but I once waited ~ 1 month for a filter as well. I bought from Amazon, and it was shipped directly from aFe. Apparently, they make them as orders come in? I don't know, but it doesn't seem like they have a supply on their shelves?

Sound like we will be waiting regardless, then???

armoredsaint 08-09-2012 11:47 AM

maybe just get the K&N or Volant and be done with it?

Could AFE run into some QC/design problems since they're new to the market and needs to change some of the designs?

Seandmac 08-10-2012 12:56 PM

Afe moved up the eta date once again to the 17th. Wow!

Maddogbodine 08-13-2012 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seandmac (Post 668597)
Afe moved up the eta date once again to the 17th. Wow!

Sorry to hear you're having problems. I ordered my Volant for the V8 on the 3rd of August. It will be here on the 20th. I am in Canada....so it does take an extra couple days to get here......I went with them as they seem to have the best repuation for product and Customer service! Hope you get yours soon!

Maddogbodine 08-14-2012 02:42 PM

Wow. I received my Volant intake yesterday. A full week earlier than the "estimated" delivery date. Its getting installed tonight!

Tyrant_246 08-16-2012 01:38 AM

strange over the past 2 months i've ordered 2 AFE intakes from Amazon, one for the Ram (5.7) and the other for the wrangler (3.6 V6) and both arrived super fast and had a great price on them.

maybe the place you are ordering from? afe direct?

five.7 Hemi 08-24-2012 10:55 AM

I placed an order thru Autoanything for the stage 2 5.7Hemi intake on the 20th. They said I would receive notice when its shipped......still waiting.