Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Performance Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f6/)
-   -   Where To Get A CMR Tune (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f6/where-to-get-a-cmr-tune-4577.html)

06HemiLtd 12-07-2009 03:23 PM

Where To Get A CMR Tune

Where should I get a custom CMR tune for my predator. I installed the 93 tune last week and after reading all the posts about how great a custom tune is, I want to see the difference. It will most likely be an online/e-mail purchase. Please tell me who you used and your honest thoughts. Thanks

Frankie 12-07-2009 04:03 PM

Re: Where To Get A CMR Tune

I got mine from DCX Depot and I like it...Plus it isnt $300+ like MHPs!

blackpepper 12-07-2009 05:00 PM

Try this to locate a dealer maybe you could get it dyno'd as well: http://diablosport.com/index.php?mod...display&pid=32

rsone11 12-07-2009 07:00 PM

frankie what was the difference you noticed between the regular diable tune and cmr tune ? was it worth the $?

06HemiLtd 12-07-2009 09:29 PM

Ryan-thanks for the link. i used their website before i posted here. there is only one cmr dealer that's within a 2 hour drive and they told me they don't do any custom tuning. they just order and install the predator for the customer. does anyone know how you should do data logging. is it just a few wot passes or is there a formula. i don't know if i have the right air/fuel ratio(lean,reach). i am getting some knock when i hold 40mph. i think i just need to tweek the canned tune.

Frankie 12-07-2009 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsone11 (Post 113109)
frankie what was the difference you noticed between the regular diable tune and cmr tune ? was it worth the $?

The main difference was it was faster! LOL

I think its def worth the money if thats what you want...DCX Depot charges 125 too, which less than half of what MHP charges!

rufdod 12-07-2009 09:33 PM

hey, i just installed my predator today with the 93 tune, i love it, but may be interested in a cmr tune like you. I dont know of any local dealers that do it, and anywhere that would have an awd dyno. But i dont understand how an online/email cmr tune would be more beneficial than a canned tune since you arent making any dyno runs?

Frankie 12-07-2009 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rufdod (Post 113222)
hey, i just installed my predator today with the 93 tune, i love it, but may be interested in a cmr tune like you. I dont know of any local dealers that do it, and anywhere that would have an awd dyno. But i dont understand how an online/email cmr tune would be more beneficial than a canned tune since you arent making any dyno runs?

Nice man!

Because the email tunes usually let you data log and email them back and they make revisions to it!

rsone11 12-08-2009 06:38 AM

I called A&A Motorsports in westbury ny and they want $550 to custom Dyno tune my 5.7 hemi

tman4024 12-08-2009 06:58 AM

I've got the MHP CMR tune. No problems thus far. I like it a lot more than the stock and canned Diablo tunes. With this I also get free modifications to my tune (for all bolt-on mods and any adjustments to my tunes).

MHP I think charges $250 for their tunes.

Frankie 12-08-2009 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsone11 (Post 113545)
I called A&A Motorsports in westbury ny and they want $550 to custom Dyno tune my 5.7 hemi

Thats prob not that bad of a price! Dyno tunes are def the best!

Robert Palmer 12-08-2009 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsone11 (Post 113545)

Thats a reasonable price. You have to remember Dyno time is expensive.