Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Engine Performance/Intake/Exhaust (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f196/)
-   -   Transgo? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f196/transgo-45782.html)

JeepFreak12 08-08-2012 07:08 AM

Transgo?

Getting my trans rebuilt, im going to use a transgo shift kit but on there site there are 2 kits. A shift kit and a reprograming kit. Which one do i need? Or do i need both? Thanks everyone

01grand 08-08-2012 09:36 AM

Re: Transgo?

The reprogramming kit will have everything you need in it. The HD springs, accumulator plate, and rings for the valve body, heavier duty snap ring for the pump (trans needs to be out to install this) and the resistor to go on the line pressure sensor and trick the computer into bumping up line pressure.

JeepFreak12 08-08-2012 10:50 AM

Alright thanks for the info!

01grand 08-08-2012 11:07 AM

Transgo says not to use the resistor if you have an aftermarket programmer that changes line pressure, but Dave uses the resistor with his superchips and has no problems. I plan on eventually installing the resistor, or I may go the easier route and buy a sonnax LB2 since it plugs into the sensor without needing to solder.

JeepFreak12 08-08-2012 01:13 PM

I will be running an SCT tune after im done building my motor.

Frango100 08-23-2012 01:59 PM

Iīm in the process of rebuilding my transmission and just installed the transgo parts in the pump and the valve body. I still have to solder the resistor in the wire harness and there is a heavy duty snapring which goes in the place of the standard overdrive reactionplate snapring (inside the input clutch housing). Seems that the original snapring can break easily.
I donīt think its wise to install the resistor when you also have an aftermarket programmer. The resistor already gives a 15-20 PSI line pressure increase and when the programmer will increase it more, you can easily damage a gasket or seal inside the transmission.

Martyp 08-23-2012 02:35 PM

As far as I'm aware the SCT can't do swat to the TCM.

Ryan would be able to confirm this but I'm 99% sure. Least mine feels stock compared to the Superchips tune.

Frango100 08-23-2012 08:16 PM

It all depends on what the tune is doing. If it only changes the shift points, the resistor could not harm a thing. But if the tune would also raise the line pressure, you could end up with a too high line pressure and cause damage to seals. I donīt know what the maximum line pressure could be before any seal would give way, but it could become an expensive excercise to find out.

JeepFreak12 08-24-2012 05:52 AM

If your running a tuner then cant you just not screw with the line pressure and then run the resistor? And martyp i think you are correct about the sct not tuning the tcm.