Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   Headlight Painting (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/headlight-painting-45831.html)

CatMan879 08-09-2012 07:39 AM

Headlight Painting

Hey Guys I have a dilemma here. I am about to paint my 08+ Projector Headlights but I am not sure what color. here are my four idea's, Body Color (Steel Blue Metallic) or Brilliant Black or Body color with the amber reflector Brilliant Black or Brilliant Black with body color amber reflector. I am up in the air about this right now. I do want to let you know I am having my Tail lights tinted and the headlights will determine which colors to go with the jeep (Chrome vs. Black) I also have completed one of DCspecials mods and placed LED's in the projectors. I have attached a Poll so please vote and help me out here guys. My jeep is counting on you.

CatMan879 08-09-2012 08:00 AM

Re: Headlight Painting

Polls up guys.

dmsfun 08-09-2012 10:52 AM

I never heard of painting headlights. Why would anyone want to do this when the point of lights is to see ahead ? It is likely illegal also, so check your state laws. The problem is not just getting a ticket, it gives a cop a reason to pull you over even if you are not breaking the law, and if you've had a few too many.. youi'll enjoy a night behind bars and regret ever doing this. Same with tiinting tail lights; illegal,

robpp 08-09-2012 10:55 AM

sbm with sbm reflectors .......but i voted for the misspelled one :)

CatMan879 08-09-2012 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmsfun (Post 668023)
I never heard of painting headlights. Why would anyone want to do this when the point of lights is to see ahead ? It is likely illegal also, so check your state laws. The problem is not just getting a ticket, it gives a cop a reason to pull you over even if you are not breaking the law, and if you've had a few too many.. youi'll enjoy a night behind bars and regret ever doing this. Same with tiinting tail lights; illegal,

You've never heard of the whistler mod then I am not actually painting the reflective part I am painting the chrome around it a lot of members on this forum have done this including the almighty Scott :thumbsup: and also the reflector is not fully painted either the area where the bulb shines through is still amber.

Rob thanks for the vote but that is what I meant by the first one.... And I can't believe I misspelled it :p

DAVY27 08-09-2012 01:18 PM

SBM all the way!

dmsfun 08-09-2012 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GhettoB879 (Post 668048)
You've never heard of the whistler mod then I am not actually painting the reflective part I am painting the chrome around it a lot of members on this forum have done this including the almighty Scott :thumbsup: and also the reflector is not fully painted either the area where the bulb shines through is still amber.

Rob thanks for the vote but that is what I meant by the first one.... And I can't believe I misspelled it :p

gotcha, misunderstood what you were saying, then I vote for chrome.

Megatron 08-09-2012 06:04 PM

Voted!

CatMan879 08-10-2012 06:21 AM

Bump... Come on guys only 7 votes

Scottina06 08-10-2012 06:41 AM

"almighty Scott" huh? LOL. I voted black. I would do gloss black with a med tinted sidemarker

CatMan879 08-10-2012 02:54 PM

Thank you almighty :p

CatMan879 08-11-2012 11:09 AM

I plan on painting these tomorrow so let's get some more votes guys right now sbm is leading