Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Troubleshooting/Problems (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f181/)
-   -   2005 JGC Air Flow Knob Issue (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f181/2005-jgc-air-flow-knob-issue-45832.html)

JEEPON22S 08-09-2012 09:05 AM

2005 JGC Air Flow Knob Issue

I have the dual climate AC system. For some reason no matter whether I change the dial to defrost or just upper vents the front floor lets the air out. I know when I put on floor only mode that the floor for the rear turns on and off correctly. The problem is the Front floor is always blowing air no matter what I change the knob to. Is this something I can reset or program that is electrical or a computer issue? Or is this possibly a door stuck open ? I seen posts saying possibly check behind the the glove box?? I just want to know if anyone else has experienced the same thing and If i have to take something apart I am not doing it for nothing. I wish there were pics or a diagram of how the whole AC unit works. I have searched the forum and don't really see a post about my specific problem. Please help. Thanks

dr.lee.baugh 08-09-2012 10:57 AM

Re: 2005 JGC Air Flow Knob Issue

Sounds like the frond mode door actuator isn't working properly.

These things can be re-calibrated with a starscan, but I haven't heard of anyone having it done. There are also diagnostics on the climate control system (including the operation of the actuators) that can be performed...but it requires a starscan again!

I think if it was me, I would take a gamble and try replacing the actuator - it's not particularly difficult to get to, and I don't think they are overly expensive. If that doesn't work, you may have to take it in to get properly diagnosed rather than tearing things down to visually see what is not working properly.

You can gain access to the actuator through the drivers side instrument panel silencer. Once that is off, it's just three screws holding it in place.

sablefish 10-25-2012 10:43 PM

Re: 2005 JGC Air Flow Knob Issue

Quote:

Originally Posted by JEEPON22S (Post 667961)
I have the dual climate AC system. For some reason no matter whether I change the dial to defrost or just upper vents the front floor lets the air out. I know when I put on floor only mode that the floor for the rear turns on and off correctly. The problem is the Front floor is always blowing air no matter what I change the knob to. Is this something I can reset or program that is electrical or a computer issue? Or is this possibly a door stuck open ? I seen posts saying possibly check behind the the glove box?? I just want to know if anyone else has experienced the same thing and If i have to take something apart I am not doing it for nothing. I wish there were pics or a diagram of how the whole AC unit works. I have searched the forum and don't really see a post about my specific problem. Please help. Thanks

I have the same problem with my dual zone heat system. Doors are not broken just will not stay calibrated????