Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Suspension/Driveline/Brakes/Wheels/Tires (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/)
-   -   Locker for WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/locker-for-wk2-45894.html)

Joe11 08-10-2012 04:07 PM

Locker for WK2

Has anyone install an electric or air locker in the rear.

Obsidian 08-15-2012 08:53 PM

Re: Locker for WK2

Would be real interested in one if you get any answers. For the number of WK2 GC's being sold, you would think that ARB and TJM etc,would start to update their web pages with GC specific products.

Cheers

JeepGuy026 08-15-2012 09:43 PM

I'd love to see them come out with a kit for a locker or something.

Carver 08-18-2012 05:06 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the QuadraTrac II has a electronic rear locker right? And the center diff is locked if in 4wd low, so wouldn't you just get a front locker?

BobT 08-18-2012 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carver (Post 672005)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the QuadraTrac II has a electronic rear locker right? And the center diff is locked if in 4wd low, so wouldn't you just get a front locker?

They are not lockers but electronic LSDs. The front is an open diff but traction controlled using brakes so all in all, better than lockers for most situations. Cross axling is a thing of the past.

scarps 08-18-2012 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obsidian (Post 671149)
Would be real interested in one if you get any answers. For the number of WK2 GC's being sold, you would think that ARB and TJM etc,would start to update their web pages with GC specific products.

Cheers

Don't hold your breath waiting on anything from ARB for a WK2. Very clearly they have little to no interest in the Jeep market.

McGivor 08-18-2012 05:44 AM

I would like to see the ELSD at least go back in the front. If lockers are ever produced I will have them. I am not a fan of traction control when going gets really tough, having both options and being able to select any thing you want is my preference. I was about to place an order when I found out the WK2 lost the front ELSD and have procrastinated for 18 months. Finally placed an order in May still waiting delivery.
I sincerely hope the after market accessory manufacturers get their act together and start producing the goodies for the WK2, there must be enough of them out there to justify, and more so if demand stays as to is to date.

BobT 08-19-2012 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McGivor (Post 672011)
I would like to see the ELSD at least go back in the front. If lockers are ever produced I will have them. I am not a fan of traction control when going gets really tough, having both options and being able to select any thing you want is my preference. I was about to place an order when I found out the WK2 lost the front ELSD and have procrastinated for 18 months. Finally placed an order in May still waiting delivery.
I sincerely hope the after market accessory manufacturers get their act together and start producing the goodies for the WK2, there must be enough of them out there to justify, and more so if demand stays as to is to date.

I understand that road steering with the front ELSD was not as good so they dropped it.

ColdCase 08-19-2012 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carver (Post 672005)

Its only the Quadra Drive II that has the ELSD. The Quadra Drive options adds the ESLD to the QT II transfer case. QT II is an open rear.

JeepGuy026 08-26-2012 07:30 AM

Still it would be nice for jeep to at least have it as an option for people that want it. Or an aftermarket solution for the front diff to have some sort of ELSD..

Biff Malibu 11-04-2012 11:12 PM

Can a Factory ELSD be installed in a 2012 quadra drive as an upgrade if you didnt get one when you originally purchased your WK 2 GC ?
In other words can you by a kit from Jeep or Mopar and get it installed.
Cheers
Craig

ColdCase 11-05-2012 07:40 AM

The housings are a lot different as well as perhaps the traction control software. You'd be talking about replacing the entire rear dif assembly and housing which I think sells for $2300+, maybe $4300+, at discount dealers in the US.

But the Quadra Drive has the rear ELSD, that's what differentiates it from the Quadra Trac II. .... unless there is something different for exports.... or you have a typo in your post.