Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Suspension/Driveline/Brakes/Wheels/Tires (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/)
-   -   BFGoodrich tires? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/bfgoodrich-tires-45958.html)

nickimpz 08-11-2012 11:25 PM

BFGoodrich tires?

Anyone ever put on a set of BFGoodrich Rugged Terrain T/A ?
Thinking of throwing these on before winter! Let me know what you guys think! Also if someone can give me the stock rim size (i know its an 18" rim lol) i meant the specs on the rim...possibly thinking of buying a set of rims as well

Duff Daddy 08-12-2012 08:19 AM

Re: BFGoodrich tires?

I have taken a few classes on tire tech for the dealer and multiple on line for Michelin which includes other brands. This tire is suppose to be better then the old Rugged Trail (OE tire for Rams for many years) and is suppose to be as good as that on the road, slightly more noise but perform much more like the All Terrain off the pavement. Its more a balance between the two but perform in the loose stuff better then the old Rugged Trails would.

As for snow, I dont know how they would do, normally the more Off road (mud/all terrain) the more slick they are in the real light/soft stuff but will eventually dig your self out.

lll2for3lll 08-12-2012 11:00 AM

BFGoodrich = Awesome

77rednecktruck 08-13-2012 10:01 AM

I have the new Rugged Terrains. They are louder than the Latitude Tours but not too bad. They handle puddles very well, they handle mud pretty good, wet grass is childs play compared to the latitudes and gravel roads feel like pavement. The only fault so far is the loudness between 40 and 50 mph, it's not real bad but you know they are there. Turning up the radio a notch or 2 solves the issue though.

I had them on a Pittsburgh to Cincinnati road trip last month and they were great.

1stJeepGC 08-14-2012 07:00 AM

I have them for over a year now with 15K on them and down 1.5/32 of tread. In wet conditions, such as rain, road soaked roads and other wet terrain, I found the traction to be outstanding. Dry traction is also very good. Light off-road, the few times I played, no problems. As far as the winter, I have yet to play in those conditions.

With regards to road noise, they have gotten slowly louder than I first got them in the last couple of months. At first, the noise was a little louder than the Latitudes. After my last balance and alignment at the tire shop, they said I had a bad rim. I have to find out from another source if that could cause the increased noise problem which I still have.

In any event, I hated the Latitudes on the GC and overall road traction in wet conditions was poor to dangerous. I would strongly advise to change the tires.

Best for now. :)