Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Troubleshooting/Problems Discussion (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f77/)
-   -   Airbag light stays on! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f77/airbag-light-stays-on-46018.html)

grzeszczak 08-13-2012 03:17 AM

Airbag light stays on!

hello,
I have a 2006 Commander and i recently was towing a small boat, ounce i parked the trailer and disconnected the lights i noticed my air bag light would randomly come on and off when i hit bumps or potholes etc. (between tach and spedo) and after a few it is on constant

What are some trouble shooting step i can do before going to the dealer?

i tried the key on/key off and all i got was Done message

Thank you

SvenskaJeepGuy 08-13-2012 09:21 AM

Re: Airbag light stays on!

Sounds like You have a loose wire, hopefully it isnt a broken clockspring

2005JGC 08-14-2012 12:29 AM

check the wiring under the seats, make sure there is nothing under the seat that is putting negative weight on the seat.... I have seen a couple recently where I believe there to be a pin problem at the yellow 2 pin connector under the drivers seat... one specifically had the driver pretensioner replaced and the code came back like 6 months later, I got it the second time around and when I moved that connector the code went stored, ultimately I just inspected the pins and repositioned the harness and suggested further diag if the code came back.

grzeszczak 08-14-2012 02:17 AM

Thanks guys, I have checked the under side of passenger seat, never really thought to check driver side.... I'll let you guys know what I come up with

grzeszczak 08-15-2012 04:29 PM

So I got the codes read and i keep getting B212D, I cleared it and it comes right back up.

any ideals to what could be causing this error code?
Thanks

grzeszczak 08-15-2012 06:29 PM

Alright, after months of trouble shooting this I have finally fixed the problem.....

I blew a trailer hook up fuse(10 amp) i took a fuse from the labeled slot "spare fuses"

well it really wasnt a spare fuse slot.... replaced it and boom the light went off!!!
so all in all when jeep says "spare fuses" they really are not spare fuses!!!!

Cgars 05-31-2014 09:03 AM

Thank you for this detailed trouble shoot. Last weekend I was wiring a new trailer and as result shorted out those 10 amp fuses you referred too and used the "spare" fuses provided on my 2007 Jeep Commander 4.7. I too got a solid airbag warning light and was worried I'd shorted something else in the system. One additional note, after replacing the "spare" fuses, be sure to seat the yellow holder all the way down. It will lock in above the fuse box which makes sense if they are just spare fuses. Once properly seated, the airbag light went off. Kudos for the diagnosis and saving me a bundle of time and money.

Lana 06-11-2014 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grzeszczak (Post 669668)
hello,
I have a 2006 Commander and i recently was towing a small boat, ounce i parked the trailer and disconnected the lights i noticed my air bag light would randomly come on and off when i hit bumps or potholes etc. (between tach and spedo) and after a few it is on constant

What are some trouble shooting step i can do before going to the dealer?

i tried the key on/key off and all i got was Done message

Thank you

Hi, we have jeep cherokee 2010 and had the same problem, after towing a trailer, airbag lights been on. so we took to the service and they said there is a problem with side airbag sensor in driver sit belt, so need to replace whole sit belt as airbag sensor is together with belt and they ask $700 for that. Now is off, but it going on/off.