Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Diesel Powered 2012+ Export Grand Cherokee (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f157/)
-   -   2012 WK2 CRD exhaust gas in cabin (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f157/2012-wk2-crd-exhaust-gas-in-cabin-46022.html)

robbie 08-13-2012 06:19 AM

2012 WK2 CRD exhaust gas in cabin

Hello Guys,

After driving a distance I am getting a typical exhaust gas (diesel) smell inside the vehicle when coming to a stop. This is happening radomly and it seems that the aircon must be on. (All windows and doors are closed)

Any one else experienced this problem?

:rolleyes:

yoda42 08-13-2012 05:53 PM

If your driving in traffic it could be someone else's exhaust smell

savvas 08-13-2012 05:58 PM

Re: 2012 WK2 CRD exhaust gas in cabin

I havent experienced it. To be honest, I havent experienced any smells from the exhaust on this car at all, even standing behind it when the engine is running.

ENFORCER 08-13-2012 05:59 PM

there is a TSB for an exhaust leak from the turbo. I suggest you get to a dealer ASAP and get them to check it out.

robbie 08-14-2012 05:35 AM

Thankyou for the info on the TSB which I will bring under the Dealer's attention.
When I spoke to the dealer previosily he did not know of any problems and wandered if the exhaust gas was been pulled in through the vents beneath the windscreen wipers .
:D

GlennR 08-16-2012 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robbie (Post 669695)
Hello Guys,

After driving a distance I am getting a typical exhaust gas (diesel) smell inside the vehicle when coming to a stop. This is happening radomly and it seems that the aircon must be on. (All windows and doors are closed)

Any one else experienced this problem?

:rolleyes:

Yep, I've got it now and again, but I put it down to air flowing back around the car through the intakes. Worse after a good sprint but as it's occasional (and not that obnoxious), I ignore it. (Plus the oil vapour must be good for conditioning my leather seats!!!)

Oz_diesel 08-17-2012 02:27 AM

I had People(folks in law) complain about this in the back seat of mine when it was just delivered, I put it down to new car burn in, but it's concerning as we have the Baby in the back seat! :eek:
Will have to take a few rides in the back to see if it's a problem, unless you guys have noticed this in the front?

John47 08-17-2012 04:55 PM

Over 16K we've not experienced any exhaust smells at all inside the cabin. There's been a fair bit of dust travelled as well - I've carefully checked all the door and rear seals for leaks but they are all tight with no dust tracks across. Ours certainly sucks up the dust behind.
If your rear door or flipper seals are not sealing tight maybe that can be a source of entry.
Dust tracks across the seals are easy to see.
John

fwdjeep 09-12-2012 11:19 PM

sounds like you have air syste set on fresh air and recycle

fresh allows fresh air and other contanments in to the cab