Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/)
-   -   FAILED - WK2 Mopar Floormats / Slushmats (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/failed-wk2-mopar-floormats-slushmats-46042.html)

moontz 08-13-2012 02:11 PM

FAILED - WK2 Mopar Floormats / Slushmats

1 Attachment(s)
Junk... Had them for maybe a year now (~20k miles)... And just noticed there is a hole where the heel of my shoe sits when driving (see picture below). It has definitely worn through from use as the area around the hole is also paper thin now. Glad I caught this before winter sludge hits. I'll be calling someone to complain... Just not sure who yet :cool:

Attachment 15537

For those who have these, take a look and see if it is starting to wear down.

kkreit01 08-13-2012 02:14 PM

Re: FAILED - WK2 Mopar Floormats / Slushmats

That's not good. What kind of shoes do you normally wear? Just curious if this happens with hard or soft soles -- or doesn't matter? I only use mine during winter months, so I may get 3 years out of mine. Thanks for the heads up. They may be covered under warranty.

Vivid 08-13-2012 03:27 PM

Those are garbage mats. Way too thin. Get some real ones like weathertech. I've had a set in my other car for about 5 years and they are as good as new.

vayawepa 08-13-2012 03:38 PM

Weathertech floor mats are the best.:thumbsup:

scarps 08-13-2012 04:31 PM

Thnx for this, good to know. I was seriously thinking about buying a set. I'll stick with my RMW's for now.

z0lt3c 08-13-2012 04:42 PM

Their is a seller on ebay blowing out these mats at a great price... Unfortunate to see them have such little useful life, but at this price it's still a good deal;
<listing sold out>

Brewster 08-13-2012 06:57 PM

It maybe the angle, but that spot looks like a odd place, not where you think your heel would be when using the gas pedal.

I have these mats, my drivers side has seen daily use since December and I don't see any wear.

moontz 08-13-2012 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brewster (Post 670044)
It maybe the angle, but that spot looks like a odd place, not where you think your heel would be when using the gas pedal.

I have these mats, my drivers side has seen daily use since December and I don't see any wear.

Bad camera angle. It's right where the heel hits. I also noticed in that area, they reduced the thickness of the tread prob to make it more comfortable for your foot but probably reducing the durability. I had weather techs in my last truck and lasted over 6 years so will prob be going back.

subbie09 08-13-2012 07:24 PM

And hence why I splurged and bought the Weathertech Digital fit

77Cherokee 08-13-2012 07:57 PM

Mine were in all winter and into the spring. When l switched them out and washed them, they still looked new. I haven't read any complaints similar to yours. Perhaps you just got a bad one.

JTS97Z28 08-13-2012 09:01 PM

5200 miles on my Mopar mats and they look just like the day I bought them. I'm happy with them.

Shutterbug57 08-13-2012 09:22 PM

I have 2500 miles on my set and was already noticing that it appears to be wearing. I doubt I will get 10K before it wears through. I have had OEM rubber mats in Chevys, Nissans and Mercedes and all were solid rubber with textures on the top. These Jeep mats are not solid and the texture you see on the top is the same (in negative) on the bottom.

Good to know the Weathertechs are a good option. I may have to order a front set of Weathertechs.