Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Warranty Pricing???? Help! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/warranty-pricing-help-46059.html)

CaptRB 08-13-2012 08:03 PM

Warranty Pricing???? Help!

I just bought a 2012 Overland with the Hemi and did NOT add the extended warranty yet. The dealer wants me to pay $1800 for 5 years/100K bumper to bumper, but I think the drivetrain is covered for that already. Of course I'm more worried about the q-lift and other items that I know could easily add up.

So what kind of warranty options are there? What's the fair pricing?

Thanks for any help!

Robert

Jim_in_PA 08-13-2012 08:24 PM

Re: Warranty Pricing???? Help!

Check out the pricing for the factory extended warranties at www.chryslerwarrantys.com/ ...generally less expensive than your dealer for the same factory extended warranty. And all the options are there. I plan on purchasing one for my new Summit in the very recent future...

tipman71 08-27-2012 10:29 PM

I'm shopping for a warranty as well. this site was helpful, and the guy will tell you that he is a sponsored from some of the providers. Jim, thank you for sharing the awesome site.

jordanwallace 08-27-2012 10:33 PM

When I bought my GC a few weeks back I got the lifetime powertrain protection for something like $1200, about 50% off what the MSRP is I believe. Covers the major mechanical stuff and seemed too good to pass up.

Jim_in_PA 08-28-2012 06:35 PM

Tipman, there is another site with even better prices...I don't have that bookmark on this device, but I think it's a place in Indiana or another one of those "I" states...

zmilin 08-28-2012 07:12 PM

Heres where I got mine.... I went with Maxcare Lifetime and paid $2050.
Stacy was awesome and answered all my questions.

http://www.eservicecontracts.com/5100wrap.htm

Jim_in_PA 08-28-2012 07:28 PM

That's the place I was thinking of!

Shutterbug57 08-28-2012 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim_in_PA (Post 670100)
Check out the pricing for the factory extended warranties at www.chryslerwarrantys.com/ ...generally less expensive than your dealer for the same factory extended warranty. And all the options are there. I plan on purchasing one for my new Summit in the very recent future...

I went to that site and browsed around. I noted that their definition of Lifetime was Lifetime=Lifetime. HOWEVER, when I looked at the details of the Max Care Lifetime warranty it is only good for 7 years or 100K miles whichever comes first. For $2.4k, I will pass. Now, if lifetime actually meant lifetime or maybe 250K miles, I would go for it.

tipman71 08-29-2012 01:43 AM

thank you Jim and Zmilin. my Credit union quoted me a good price through IWS ( 7/100K for $1300) http://www.iwsgroup.com/default.asp

but I read some bad reviews online. I'm asking for quotes from some other providers

hammer1234 08-29-2012 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shutterbug57 (Post 676278)
I went to that site and browsed around. I noted that their definition of Lifetime was Lifetime=Lifetime. HOWEVER, when I looked at the details of the Max Care Lifetime warranty it is only good for 7 years or 100K miles whichever comes first. For $2.4k, I will pass. Now, if lifetime actually meant lifetime or maybe 250K miles, I would go for it.

Could you elaborate? Some things are not provided for lifetime (car rental, towing) but from what I read it looks like the repairs are...

77Cherokee 08-29-2012 12:33 PM

I also bought my 7/70 Maxcare warranty from Stacey at eservicecontracts.com. for $950. Their lifetime warranty was $ 2050 at the time. Put your contact info on their site and they will email a quote to you. All of the optional plans are listed there.

newtoncd8 08-29-2012 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shutterbug57

Quote:

Originally Posted by hammer1234 (Post 676539)
Could you elaborate? Some things are not provided for lifetime (car rental, towing) but from what I read it looks like the repairs are...

Same question here. It is clear the towing and car rental part of the service contract end at 7/100, but the fine print I read says the warranty is good for the lifetime of the original owner. In fact, there is even an option where you get reimbursed if you trade or get rid of the vehicle. When purchased from these online sites, it seems like a pretty good deal to me.

From the plan: "This plan offers mechanical coverage as specified to the named original purchaser or retail lessee of the vehicle ONLY, for the lifetime of that original purchaser or retail lessee. The plan ends upon the death of that original purchaser or retail lessee or upon the transfer or sale of the vehicle. The plan ends even if the transfer occurs by operation of law, such as to a lienholder, family member through succession, or successor business."