Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Moved to Canada - Warranty Now Void (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/moved-to-canada-warranty-now-void-46141.html)

Roaster Boy 08-15-2012 11:28 AM

Moved to Canada - Warranty Now Void

Just a warning to anyone thinking of moving to Canada from the USA with a USA purchased vehicle in your family - any remaining warranty will be VOID. Oh, yeah, my Max Care Unlimited warranty with Chrysler is now also void. When I purchased the policy I was told it was good to use in either Canada or the USA. It was a nice surprise this morning at the dealer in Canada when he told me this. So now I am stuck with a 2011 JGC with 33,000 miles with no warranty, or extended warranty. I was also stuck with paying the RIV importation fee ($225), GST @ 5% on deemed value, PST (Ontario) 8% on same deemed value, Smog Check ($95), Safety Fee ($130) - Ouch! I originally paid all taxes on this vehicle when I purchased it in the Chicagoland area. My next move is to probably sell the car in NY or MI, purchase a non-Chrysler product, and move on. I wonder if I bought a vehicle in Canada and moved back to the USA if I would be penalized by Chrysler in the same way? Ye be warned!

Jonkr15 08-15-2012 11:36 AM

Re: Moved to Canada - Warranty Now Void

Can you not get a refund for the extended warranty?

Roaster Boy 08-15-2012 11:51 AM

I am going to try and get my warranty money back. Sad part is that called Chrysler and they said, sorry, that's the policy. I wish they posted their policy at the border. I would have sold it at home and cut my losses.

robpp 08-15-2012 12:42 PM

quit bitching.

its all on you bro. yeah the policy sux. but DD is on YOU!

and you dropped your own ball and now bitching about it.

enjoy your free healthcare/

Roaster Boy 08-15-2012 01:54 PM

robpp - thanks for the useful information. Yep, my fault. You know the saying, fool me once.... Hey - you enjoy the election in November too, ok?

SixZeroFour 08-15-2012 01:56 PM

^^ Seems a little harsh, all he is doing is warning others that might get into the same situation.

I have also been told conflicting things regarding warranty transfer so its somewhat of a grey area.

4.7ho 08-15-2012 02:13 PM

Perhaps a tad harsh but it has been discussed before:

http://jeepgarage.org/showthread.php?t=41762

Dan JGC 08-15-2012 11:34 PM

Hope you get your $$$ back on the warranty...

mistadobalina 08-16-2012 07:06 AM

You will get a prorated refund on your warranty when you cancel it.

ColinIllinois 08-16-2012 07:52 AM

Ignore the rude posters. Too bad that you had to pay all those fees. I just don't know why we don't go ahead and make Canada the 51st state already. Well, except for Quebec. No one likes the French.

RageOfFury 08-16-2012 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColinIllinois (Post 671281)
Ignore the rude posters. Too bad that you had to pay all those fees. I just don't know why we don't go ahead and make Canada the 51st state already. Well, except for Quebec. No one likes the French.

:notsigned:
Ignore the rude posters and then you post that? *facepalm* Nothing against Americans, but us Canadians want no part of the USA.

Now let's stay on subject!

FAUEE 08-16-2012 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColinIllinois (Post 671281)

lol

Have you considered moving back to the US? That seems like the logical answer.