Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Members Rides-Showoff (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f110/)
-   -   Blacked out rear brow (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f110/blacked-out-rear-brow-46148.html)

gc4x4 08-15-2012 02:39 PM

Blacked out rear brow
 
1 Attachment(s)
I like the chrome on the front and side of my jeep but i don't like the chrome brow, so i took it off lightly sanded and prepped it with primer and three coats of trim paint and three coats of clear coat. it looks alot better imo.

HemiFan 08-15-2012 06:08 PM

Re: Blacked out rear brow
 
Much better.

Megatron 08-15-2012 07:09 PM

Looking good


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JRNYC 08-15-2012 07:38 PM

Re: Blacked out rear brow
 
:thumbsup:

JWS360 08-18-2012 09:39 AM

One more benefit...
 
Another benefit:

Reduced visibility to police laser guns. Even though rear hits are less common, they happen.

A good laser jammer can make a world of difference & help even the odds agains the roving revenue agents.

4.7ho 08-18-2012 09:45 AM

Re: One more benefit...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JWS360 (Post 672088)
Another benefit:

Reduced visibility to police laser guns. Even though rear hits are less common, they happen.

A good laser jammer can make a world of difference & help even the odds agains the roving revenue agents.

:confused: I don't get the correlation between painting the rear brow and police laser guns.

montgb 08-18-2012 10:18 AM

Re: Blacked out rear brow
 
Looks like you missed a spot! :D Any plans to get the button color-matched?

JWS360 08-18-2012 09:04 PM

Re: One more benefit...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 4.7ho (Post 672093)
:confused: I don't get the correlation between painting the rear brow and police laser guns.

The more reflective a surface, the easier it is for the roving revenue agents to get a lock. Chrome is far more reflective than black. One would still, of course, need rear laser protection as well since stealth can only get one so far.

It'd be nice if traffic laws & police reflected safety instead of revenue, but sadly such isn't the case.

gc4x4 08-19-2012 11:46 PM

Re: Blacked out rear brow
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by montgb (Post 672103)
Looks like you missed a spot! :D Any plans to get the button color-matched?

arhhh i forgot that darn button, i may color it with a black sharpie until i can paint it.:rolleyes:

zim112 08-19-2012 11:53 PM

Re: Blacked out rear brow
 
Looks great even though you forgot the button. I would have also left the jeep logo chrome may have looked good. Just an opinion. Overall great job.

Studgun 08-20-2012 12:02 AM

Looks good. First mod I have planned.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JWS360 (Post 672320)
The more reflective a surface, the easier it is for the roving revenue agents to get a lock. Chrome is far more reflective than black. One would still, of course, need rear laser protection as well since stealth can only get one so far.

It'd be nice if traffic laws & police reflected safety instead of revenue, but sadly such isn't the case.

Will make no difference. Still reflective, plenty of other shiny paint too, heavily tinted windows reflect nicely, and a nice reflective license plate which is where I target. Wanna make it hard to get a laser read go for a matte paint job.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:35 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community