Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Engine Performance/Intake/Exhaust (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f183/)
-   -   Srt8 exhaust on 5.7 hemi + resonators delete clip (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f183/srt8-exhaust-on-5-7-hemi-resonators-delete-clip-46173.html)

Kamil 83 08-16-2012 10:35 AM

Srt8 exhaust on 5.7 hemi + resonators delete clip

Hi , here is short clip of my 06 5.7 with srt8 cat back exhaust after cutting the resonators and replacing them with straight pipes.
I know a lot of people had a concerns with the drone ,but street drying is completely fine just as long you keep it under 2000 rpm you wont even hear the exhaust , On hi way , yes its noticeable but its more sound of the exhaust not the drone ...
I Know how annoying can be the drone because I done few builds and I had that problem before but compering them all to sound of exhaust on the jeep ... :D its like a day and night :D I like it !!!

http://youtu.be/PD8KFZkdp5c

brentwoodkris 08-16-2012 12:11 PM

Re: Srt8 exhaust on 5.7 hemi + resonators delay clip

Yeah I'll bet that's LOUD on the highway. Also, I notice that you didn't mention MDS, so I'm assuming you disabled it, or that might give you an interesting sound combination as well (and not in a good way).

Kamil 83 08-16-2012 12:56 PM

I dont touch mds at all ... I dont have any weird noises combination to :)
The reason it was supper loud on the clip was because all off my windows ware open , and remember car was way higher then 2000 rpm... Hwy is fine to no drone just nice deep exhaust sound .

btw . whistle is coming from my 4inch cold air intake ...

brentwoodkris 08-16-2012 02:29 PM

I assumed the whistle was from a CAI. I'm just wondering how it sounds when MDS engages...you should have the light that indicates when it engages on your 06.

Gojeep 08-17-2012 04:11 AM

Sounds very nice. What is resonator delay? Do you mean delete?

Kamil 83 08-17-2012 07:22 PM

yes its cut out and replaced with straight pipes

dmsfun 08-18-2012 08:53 AM

Try running it with the stock intake.... you will see how much better it runs, and it gets rid of all that intake noise. With that intake, you have to rev it to get any response....been there done that.

ChrisWk 11-21-2012 10:04 PM

Re: Srt8 exhaust on 5.7 hemi + resonators delete clip

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kamil 83 (Post 671330)
Hi , here is short clip of my 06 5.7 with srt8 cat back exhaust after cutting the resonators and replacing them with straight pipes.
I know a lot of people had a concerns with the drone ,but street drying is completely fine just as long you keep it under 2000 rpm you wont even hear the exhaust , On hi way , yes its noticeable but its more sound of the exhaust not the drone ...
I Know how annoying can be the drone because I done few builds and I had that problem before but compering them all to sound of exhaust on the jeep ... :D its like a day and night :D I like it !!!

srt8 exhaust ,on 06 5.7 hemi + resonator delay - YouTube

Sounds good, but are you using your stock muffler on your 5.7 with straight pipes out the middle of the bumper like the srt 8 exhaust. I thought the srt8 muffler will not fit the 5.7 hemi. Let me know working on doing a dual exhaust for my jeep.

Combat 11-23-2012 02:11 PM

Can you post any pictures or Video from the outside of the cab?

Kamil 83 11-25-2012 01:07 PM

Hi ,
well Im sorry for getting back so late , got busy at work as hell.
What i did I used cat back system from srt8 , flanges wont fit so I cut them off and used y pipe and weld the flanges back , the rest fits perfectly .you can find pic in my tread with y piece. after that i cut out resonators and I replaced them with straight pipe .So once again Im running stock srt8 muffler ( thats in the middle of the car ) and that's it resonators on the back are gone .

Kamil 83 11-25-2012 01:16 PM

Combat, ill try to get new pics and video some time today :) I have to stop by the car wash first :)

Kamil 83 11-25-2012 06:43 PM

ok here it is ,raving up to about 3k 3.7 rpms

srt8 exhaust ,on 06 5.7 hemi + resonator delay , outside the cabin - YouTube