Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   Want to Replace RES radio with 430N RBZ, does anyone have one? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/want-to-replace-res-radio-with-430n-rbz-does-anyone-have-one-46295.html)

Frostbite 08-19-2012 10:51 AM

Want to Replace RES radio with 430N RBZ, does anyone have one?

I have a 2012 Grand Cherokee Laredo that came with the basic RES radio. We do have the Laredo E package so we have Bluetooth, UConnect and satellite radio. My wife really wants a backup camera. I have looked at multiple options but. I have settled on replacing our radio with a RBZ or if I can afford it, a RHB radio. I will then order the Mopar kit and install the backup camera.

The part number I have written down that I need is a P05064685AI

Is this correct? Is this the only part number that would be plug and play with my set up? Are there other part numbers I can use?

Is a 2011 or 2012 radio more plug and play for my situation? I understand I would need to get the security codes (last 4 of the VIN) if the radio is a 2012 model. Would a 2011 radio just plug in and work fine?

Does anyone have a RBZ radio for sale for a reasonable price?

z0lt3c 08-19-2012 12:40 PM

Re: Want to Replace RES radio with 430N RBZ, does anyone have one?

Two other threads in the past 7 days on this exact subject... popular topic. The E package did not come w/ Uconnect by default, it must have been an additional option package.

2011 should be plug and play into your 2012 and will work with the factory uconnect and sirius options. All you will need is the head unit. I used part number 5064685AI successfully and this model does support Uconnect/SDARS and Rear Camera. Any revision of 5064685A should work, I have no experience with other part numbers. For a 2012 I do understand you would need the security code but there is otherwise no differences.

I have a source for RBZ radios, you can PM me for a price. I also am having the dealer install the backup camera kit, for $150 in labor it's not worth ripping the whole interior apart, and this way it gets covered by your factory warranty. I understand that the camera will need to be coded to work, so even if you DIY, your paying the dealer for programming.

Frostbite 08-19-2012 12:53 PM

Thank you for the information. I will PM you.

The part numbers have me a bit confused.

acrunchyfrog 08-30-2012 01:36 PM

Good morning! I'm curious as to how your swap-out turned out. I just purchased a 2011 Laredo and I'm considering swapping out for an RBZ if I can find one for a good price as well. Did things go as planned?

Tom

Frostbite 08-30-2012 11:05 PM

Honestly, I haven't done it yet.

I still plan to but, it may be a while before I get to it.