Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Does anyone have pics of how the sidestep brackets mount? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/does-anyone-have-pics-of-how-the-sidestep-brackets-mount-46330.html)

SRT8pank 08-20-2012 05:25 AM

Does anyone have pics of how the sidestep brackets mount?

I ordered my wife some side steps for her birthday and will have about a 3hr window to install them before she will need her truck back. I have looked at the different posts with tips on the install but hven't seen any actual pics. I would really appreciate it if someone could lend a hand. I will be taking it on at the end of the week. Any other tips would be appreciated as well.

scarps 08-20-2012 07:26 AM

Tip? - maybe buy her some flowers too.....

armoredsaint 08-20-2012 07:54 AM

Re: Does anyone have pics of how the sidestep brackets mount?

my wife would equate that to buying her a vacuum for her b-day :D

SRT8pank 08-20-2012 07:59 AM

lol, guys no lie....this is what she wants. She is 5' 2 and 6 months Pregnant....she just can't hop in and out of the jeep like she used to. Of course I will get her something else but this is a surprise.

scarps 08-20-2012 07:11 PM

I know you haven't received a reply to match what you've asked to date, not sure why?
I'm currently installing the rock rails and the threads already on here have been great. Don't think they're quite the same mount points.

I just asked my wife if I could buy her a new bullbar for the front of our Jeep? In very specific terms, she told me why that was not a good idea. Do you think your wife could have a chat with mine?

Shortdustoff 08-20-2012 07:46 PM

Will try to shoot some pics tomorrow for you. Don't have a smart phone so it is a pita, but give me a day.

SRT8pank 08-20-2012 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scarps (Post 673093)
I know you haven't received a reply to match what you've asked to date, not sure why?
I'm currently installing the rock rails and the threads already on here have been great. Don't think they're quite the same mount points.

I just asked my wife if I could buy her a new bullbar for the front of our Jeep? In very specific terms, she told me why that was not a good idea. Do you think your wife could have a chat with mine?

LOL, funny....no worries though. I am gonna do the install by myself so as much info as I can get will help. Im pretty decent with taking on this type of stuff so I am not super worried.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shortdustoff (Post 673106)
Will try to shoot some pics tomorrow for you. Don't have a smart phone so it is a pita, but give me a day.

Thanks I appreciate it!

padgett 08-21-2012 09:30 AM

If talking about the factory 4" Oval Rails, I put together my experience installing here. That said I have a height impaired frequent passenger and her opinion is that it is too narrow and too high.

kkreit01 08-21-2012 09:54 AM

^What he said. I'm very disappointed in them as an OE accessory. Learn to step sideways on them. The step pad should be as wide as the bar. The actual step is only about 3" wide.

The install isn't difficult at all 3 hrs will be plenty. The first side will take some time. 2nd will be cake. On the second side, I didn't remove the plastic rivets from the rocker molding. You do not need to remove them --- contrary to the instructions. It went much quicker. Read the instructions ahead of time (or study the pictures, because Chrysler wrench monkeys can't read :) ). They have served their purpose for my kids, but I like the looks of Romiks new boards 10x better.

SRT8pank 08-21-2012 01:50 PM

Thanks for the info guys!

SRT8pank 08-23-2012 08:34 PM

They came in today, gonna start the install in the morning......I will let you guys know how it goes!

scarps 08-24-2012 03:00 AM

Wish your wife happy birthday from everyone at jeepgarage.org
Lol:-)