Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Engine Performance/Intakes/Exhausts (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f108/)
-   -   Corsa or Mopar Exhaust (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f108/corsa-or-mopar-exhaust-46388.html)

kwmeo 08-21-2012 07:09 AM

Corsa or Mopar Exhaust

Just ordered my altitude and I am thinking of just having the Dealership install the Mopar Exhaust system before i bring it home to the wife. What do you guys suggest is it a respectable system?

JTS97Z28 08-21-2012 07:46 AM

Re: Corsa or Mopar Exhaust

Are those essentially the same systems? I would do it as Corsa sounds amazing! Just don't overpay too much as dealers do tend to mark stuff up, not to mention labor. These systems are actually pretty easy to install even if you wanted to do it yourself.

James

ColdCase 08-21-2012 08:21 AM

There are plenty of discussions and reviews in the performance sub-section. It is a good system.

HYTEK 08-21-2012 08:39 AM

I've read those are the same systems. I talked to my dealer the other day about the Mopar kit and I was quoted almost $1800 for the kit and they"thought" it needed 6 hours for installation. Lol ok...no thanks.

SRT8pank 08-21-2012 12:45 PM

I really want to do a Corsa system on my wires Limited as well.

kwmeo 08-21-2012 09:38 PM

Thank you for the prompt responses. I wanted to get the Mopar mainly because i want to get it installed upon delivery to the dealer, then the wife wont have a clue i.e. money spent, etc... NAg Nag Nag. You guys understand right? Also if anything shall go wrong leaks, rattles, loose parts, etc... they will repair scince they installed it and its Mopar. Again thank you to all the responses this forum is alot friendlier than some others I have been a member of. Glad to be part of the group.

MxRacer965 08-22-2012 11:07 AM

I have some youtube videos from my install the other weekend in the WK2 performance intake and exhaust section if you need some feedback on interior sound levels, etc.

As for which way you should go, it makes no difference Corsa vs. Mopar since they are the same system as others have pointed out. What you will find though is that you can shop around for the Corsa system and knock $400 or more off the direct cost of the system, and if you install yourself you'll save even more. 6 hours to install the system is RIDICULOUS and outright ROBBERY. It took me 30 minutes to get the stock system off, and if I had a lift and another person it probably would have been more like 15. It took me about 2 hours to install the corsa system, but again, drop that time significantly if you have help (I did it all myself with the help of jack stands) and/or a lift. I just used the Quadra Lift to raise mine and used jack stands as well as my knees to hold things in place while I tightened the system down.

Is it worth the extra $ to not have to deal with the Mrs? Only you know the answer to that! :brows:

armoredsaint 08-22-2012 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwmeo (Post 673626)
Thank you for the prompt responses. I wanted to get the Mopar mainly because i want to get it installed upon delivery to the dealer, then the wife wont have a clue i.e. money spent, etc... NAg Nag Nag. You guys understand right? Also if anything shall go wrong leaks, rattles, loose parts, etc... they will repair scince they installed it and its Mopar. Again thank you to all the responses this forum is alot friendlier than some others I have been a member of. Glad to be part of the group.

:lol::slapfight: