Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Wheels and Tires (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f180/)
-   -   Plasti Dip Glossifier (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f180/plasti-dip-glossifier-46393.html)

tfranzone 08-21-2012 11:36 AM

Plasti Dip Glossifier

Anyone ever use the plasti dip glossifier on top of their plasti dip?

I'm gonna plasti dip my black WKs factory sextant wheels.. leaving the center cap silver...and maybe the lugs too.. And I was wondering if I should just do the plasti dip and leave it flat black OR use the glossifier on top to match the paint better.. anyone have pics of their wheels with the glossifier on?..I'm not sure if the flat will go better with my off road mods or if the gloss will match nice or be too street looking.

look at my sig, and help me decide on how to do the wheels.
I can add a pic tonight of my wk if it helps.

Megatron 08-21-2012 11:50 AM

Re: Plasti Dip Glossifier

I've been wanting to do the glossifier for a while now, I just haven't found the free time to do it. I feel the glossifier will look much better than the flat black. I have the flat black, and I'm bored of it. lol, hope this helps. Eitherway your jeep is gonna look cool with the black wheels x off road combo.

tfranzone 08-21-2012 12:13 PM

thanks tron! i'm pumped to get black of any kind on the wheels. I think it will really set it apart from the stockers around town.
I see you went with silver lugs and black center caps.. I'm thinking of doing the opposite or both lugs and caps silver.. thats my other dilemma. :eek::lol:

BTW, where in BK you from?.. I have family there, I'm originally from SI.

Megatron 08-21-2012 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tfranzone (Post 673389)
thanks tron! i'm pumped to get black of any kind on the wheels. I think it will really set it apart from the stockers around town.
I see you went with silver lugs and black center caps.. I'm thinking of doing the opposite or both lugs and caps silver.. thats my other dilemma. :eek::lol:

BTW, where in BK you from?.. I have family there, I'm originally from SI.

Marine Park :thumbsup: Black lugs and silver cap would be cool in my opinion.

robpp 08-21-2012 12:44 PM

i have not...but I just saw a 300C done with a spray gun and buckets of proper plastidip. it looked great. not a rattle can/

DAVY27 08-21-2012 12:56 PM

voted!

Geevis 08-21-2012 01:24 PM

I'm getting ready to experiment with plasti dip on my front grill and badges, and was going to pick up a can of glossifier to finish it off with. Let us know how it turns out.

tfranzone 08-21-2012 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geevis (Post 673430)
I'm getting ready to experiment with plasti dip on my front grill and badges, and was going to pick up a can of glossifier to finish it off with. Let us know how it turns out.

I will update once I do it.. pics will be added. Only problem is I dont have a lift or jack stands.. and the only person I know with is usually really busy.
So hopefully I can do it somewhat soon.. I'd like to have it done before the end of September so it doesnt start getting too cold here.

Unless, someone knows of a good/smart way to PD them while they are still on?

DAVY27 08-22-2012 07:22 AM

i think you can just do em with the wheels on. Just tape up the lugs/caps/ fender

Geevis 08-22-2012 07:41 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPNNAC7lOro

tfranzone 08-22-2012 12:57 PM

Davy, I was thinking that, but what about the parts behind the wheel? stuff with newspaper maybe?

Geevis, I can't check out that video right now. Won't play on the compiter I'm using. I will look at it tonight...hopefully its helpful. Thanks.

DAVY27 08-22-2012 01:12 PM

yea i think newspaper will work. WHen i painted my stockers , i covered the just the rotors and fenders, didnt matter if it got on the inner part but ur way will be much cleaner. There's a thread here using playing cards to prevent paint from hitting the tires but in my experience the paint will come right off after a wash or 2.