Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Black PlastiDip&(glossifier) w/black glossified lugs & silver center caps

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Black PlastiDip&(glossifier) w/silver lugs & silver center caps

Votes: 3 50.0%

Plasti Dip Glossifier

9K views 23 replies 6 participants last post by  tfranzone 
#1 ·
Anyone ever use the plasti dip glossifier on top of their plasti dip?

I'm gonna plasti dip my black WKs factory sextant wheels.. leaving the center cap silver...and maybe the lugs too.. And I was wondering if I should just do the plasti dip and leave it flat black OR use the glossifier on top to match the paint better.. anyone have pics of their wheels with the glossifier on?..I'm not sure if the flat will go better with my off road mods or if the gloss will match nice or be too street looking.

look at my sig, and help me decide on how to do the wheels.
I can add a pic tonight of my wk if it helps.

#2 ·
I've been wanting to do the glossifier for a while now, I just haven't found the free time to do it. I feel the glossifier will look much better than the flat black. I have the flat black, and I'm bored of it. lol, hope this helps. Eitherway your jeep is gonna look cool with the black wheels x off road combo.

#3 ·
thanks tron! i'm pumped to get black of any kind on the wheels. I think it will really set it apart from the stockers around town.
I see you went with silver lugs and black center caps.. I'm thinking of doing the opposite or both lugs and caps silver.. thats my other dilemma. :eek::lol:

BTW, where in BK you from?.. I have family there, I'm originally from SI.

#6 ·
voted!

#8 ·
I'm getting ready to experiment with plasti dip on my front grill and badges, and was going to pick up a can of glossifier to finish it off with. Let us know how it turns out.
I will update once I do it.. pics will be added. Only problem is I dont have a lift or jack stands.. and the only person I know with is usually really busy.
So hopefully I can do it somewhat soon.. I'd like to have it done before the end of September so it doesnt start getting too cold here.

Unless, someone knows of a good/smart way to PD them while they are still on?

#9 ·
i think you can just do em with the wheels on. Just tape up the lugs/caps/ fender

#11 ·
Davy, I was thinking that, but what about the parts behind the wheel? stuff with newspaper maybe?

Geevis, I can't check out that video right now. Won't play on the compiter I'm using. I will look at it tonight...hopefully its helpful. Thanks.

#12 ·
yea i think newspaper will work. WHen i painted my stockers , i covered the just the rotors and fenders, didnt matter if it got on the inner part but ur way will be much cleaner. There's a thread here using playing cards to prevent paint from hitting the tires but in my experience the paint will come right off after a wash or 2.

#15 ·
thanks guys.. I'm hoping to get around to this soon.. I will post pics whenever it gets done.

I only have 2 cans of plasti dip so I think I'll need to pick up 2 more and then see if I can find any of the glossifier... how many coats of each you think? I was thinking 2-3 each wheel then maybe 1-2 each wheel glossifier... that is if i find it.

if not, they will just be flat.

#17 ·
so I havent been able to find any glossifier at all.... looks like i'm gonna do them flat.. I decided to go with black lugs(especially bc i'll be attempting with the wheels ON the jeep) and gonna try for a silver center cap...

How much PD do you guys use?
I'm gonna buy 2 more cans so I have 4 in total.. figure a can a wheel is good?.. anything extra and I'll PD the emblems..

and lastly, can I pop the center caps out with the wheel on??..anyway to get to that? it would be easier to pop them off and then put the garbage bag around the rotor and caliper.. cards in wheels.. then blast away with the PD and pop the caps back on when done rather than taping off a perfect circle...
Any cleaning before PD? just soap and water? towel dry? then go at it?

#19 ·
thanks for all the help and comments!

I had the day off on friday and I went ahead and PD'd the wheels... and tron, the emblems too. haha figured while I was at it, I might as well..
I went with 3 cans of PD, 2 coats on each wheel and had some to do my front and rear jeep emblems..

I had to go with the flat bc I couldnt find any glossifier in store and didn't want to order online and wait any longer to do them.. maybe in the future I will gloss them, but I like the flat for now. I also had to go ALL black. Keeping the wheels ON the jeep, I used the garbage bag trick, (thanks Geevis and Rob), and because of this, couldnt pop the center caps out.. and didnt want to tape off.. I didnt want to go the entire blackout look but after it was done, I actually think the all black looks good.

They came out pretty good considering it was my first time dipping anything, missed a couple minor edges of the wheel but ill just hit those spots another day and you can only tell up close. I know its blasphemous to post without pics, but I can right now.. I will get them up tonight though! promise! and thanks again for help guys!

#21 · (Edited)
sorry for the short delay on the pics. here they are. like i said, not perfect but not bad for my first time PD'ing anything. I'm happy with the results. Also, ignore the plastic around the rotors and calipers. lol they were drying all around and didnt pull the bags out yet.

Attachments

#24 ·
going green on the wheels in the spring. :D dont know if I should glossify the green or not.. I might..

and damn, looking at that pic of the wk in the summer is nice.. its all covered in salt right now.. effing gross.. no amount of washing helps.. just turns salt white in a day again :mad: i dont mind the winter but damn I hate when the black jeep has all this salt on it

I put a pic on my instagram a couple days ago "timfranzone" is the account.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.