Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

Removing valves in exhaust

6K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  rutiger 
#1 ·
I am considering doing a custom exhaust with 2 borla S mufflers with either an X pipe or H pipe. I am wondering if i should try to incorporate the valves into the custom exhaust or should i just leave them out. I was hoping somebody would know if there is any negative results if the valves are removed and if they are really necessary. Any help is greatly appreciated.

#3 ·
I'm not that worried about the gas mileage but I am mainly concerned about losing some low end power if I remove them. The H pipe is suppose to help with low end torque so they may cancel each other out if there is a power loss from removing them. I guess I'm am just better off incorporating them into the new exhaust.

#7 ·
Eventually I'm going to disable MDS. I'm waiting for diablo to come out with the trinity for out cars. And hopefully you are able to disable it from that. I was talking to somebody who has a WK1 SRT8 and according to him he said that when he talked to diablo they were aiming right now for a September 14 release for the WK2 SRT's tune.

#10 ·
no way that is true.....Ive heard from two sources that they may never be broken. ChryCo hired some company used by NASA and even Chrysler cant get into them. Dont know how true that is.....

#16 ·
Removing the valves does throw a code. Reset them and they don't come back from what I've read.

The magnaflow sounds like crap from their official video clips. It's been on the market for a long time and seems like no one on the forums have bought it. Maybe that says something about it.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

#18 ·
from threads i've read it sounds like the cel always comes back after a short while when eliminating the valves.

i've never understood all the negative comments about the magnaflow sound. i think it sounds fine in the clip. i've had magnaflow on a few cars in the past and was always happy with the build quality and sound.

after a few days of having my borla atak i'm already unhappy with the sound level. it only seems slightly louder when going wot. at idle and cruising around it's basically the same as stock imo. i truly hope borla or corsa release a true catback system. or maybe i just need to have a shop mod some other forward pieces of the stock system to get more sound. after having 3 wk1 srt's with zoomers and borlas this wk2 exhaust is a joke.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.