Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   PLEASE CHECK YOURS!! front bumper issue... (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/please-check-yours-front-bumper-issue-46704.html)

equallizer 08-28-2012 03:55 PM

PLEASE CHECK YOURS!! front bumper issue...

After purchasing my 2012 GC, I noticed that the front bumper was sticking out a bit underneath the passenger side headlight. I pushed on it and it SEEMED to *click* back into place. but seconds later it popped right back out again. Took it into the dealer to see if they could attach the bumper correctly, left it overnight, and when i came back to pick it up the bumper was still popped out!

I decided to do a little investigating...I walked around the sales lot and looked at every 2011 and 2012 GC, every trim level, and both V6 and V8....even the new altitudes....

I was shocked to find that every single one of them had the same problem.. some of them the bumper was popped out on both sides...

Can anyone who sees this thread please check your bumpers and post if you have this same issue?

.....the front bumper being popped out like this really does accent the mis-aligned doors and trim nicely tho!

thetalm 08-28-2012 04:11 PM

Re: PLEASE CHECK YOURS!! front bumper issue...

Mine Too !!!!!
2012 Export 3.0 CRD Overland

tnjeep 08-28-2012 04:40 PM

Yeah, I noticed it on mine a few weeks ago and like you I pushed it in, it popped in place and next day it was out again. Mine is on the passenger side. It is not to noticeable but still annoys me. Hopefully somebody can come up with a fix.

equallizer 08-28-2012 05:03 PM

Thats what I'm hoping to achieve here! its frustrating!!

stashgto 08-28-2012 05:05 PM

You have got to be kidding me my 08 does the same annoying thing.

JRNYC 08-28-2012 05:13 PM

.Oh no not another thing for me to notice.

:eek:

rofl at complimenting the misaligned doors and moldings

equallizer 08-28-2012 05:31 PM

I just dont understand how (with the popularity and sales of the WK2) chrysler can ignore all these flaws, and send trucks out to the dealers without making sure they are FULLY ASSEMBLED!

Kinda feels like I bought a truck from IKEA!...only it didnt come with a nifty little Allen wrench....

savvas 08-28-2012 05:41 PM

Mine's fine ... all lined up nicely

PS ... Our Audi has more panel fit issues than our GC.

HammFist 08-28-2012 05:43 PM

My 2011 Laredo X does not have this problem -- nor does it have misaligned doors or trim. I have also had none of the TSBs applied, as the Jeep hasn't needed them. I've had it for 16 months and 20000 miles and have had no problems at all. So, no, they don't all do that (whatever bad "that" folks are talking about at the time).

BobsWK2 08-28-2012 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by savvas (Post 676225)
Mine's fine ... all lined up nicely

Same with mine. I know the SRT WK2's have the problem, but this is the first I read of it on the regular WK2's.

Cherodude 08-28-2012 07:24 PM

Pics please? How much misalignment, and where?

I don't seem to have it on my 2011.

Justal13 08-28-2012 08:11 PM

Nope, no misalignment or gap issues on front or rear bumpers. I also have no issues with the body panels. Mine appears to be well put together. The only issue I have had in 8500 miles is the "thumping" in the rear suspension covered in another thread.