Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Export & Diesel Powered Jeep Models (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f79/)
-   -   lot of noise inside the jeep at 70-90 km/H (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f79/lot-of-noise-inside-the-jeep-at-70-90-km-h-46872.html)

jeeper_57 08-31-2012 04:09 PM

lot of noise inside the jeep at 70-90 km/H

Hi I'm experiencing a strange problem since some days.. after a long highway drive 800km

I'm having a lot of noise inside when driving at 70-90 km/H the rpm are ok compared to what i was used to , i also need to give more throttle to go forward than usually to reach the speed i want
I've checked engine oil level , and putted new gasoil ( I've driven on the highway until reserve and take some gasoil just to came home :) )
I've checked air intake ,there is a leak form turbo resonator , but i don't think it come from this ...

The noise level is very high now meaning , you can badly hear our passenger

I don't understand , because usually it's a very quiet car...:(

What could be the problem ?:confused:

Frango100 08-31-2012 05:30 PM

Re: lot of noise inside the jeep at 70-90 km/H

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeeper_57 (Post 677781)
The noise level is very high now meaning , you can badly hear our passenger

Depending on the passenger, that could be a good thing........:D
So what kind of noise is it, is it something like a high pitch squeal?
Could be something with the turbo compressor, combining the noise and the lower power available at a certain throttle position.

jeeper_57 09-01-2012 07:21 AM

It could be nice sometimes :lol:

It's mainly the noise of something not turning round ( I hope you can understand what I mean) or something loosen....
I've also checked fan and belt everything is looking ok , no noise when idling the motor without driving ....

I have the noise also when I take round about or curves ( speed is less than 70 but rpm are the same ) so I guess it's not linked to speed but more rpm .
Could it be a front wheel bearing ? or transmission ?

Frango100 09-01-2012 08:07 AM

When it was a wheel bearing, i should be more speed related then rpm related.
When you speed up the engine with transmission in Park, do you hear the noise then? Maybe you could make a soundclip and post it here to have a better idea what it could be. Noises are sometimes very hard to pinpoint, especially sitting behind the computer:D.

jeeper_57 09-01-2012 12:21 PM

I know it's difficult to explain it also :)
I don't hear any noise in Park or neutral , only normal :D

To give you more details it's first like driving at 1800-2000 rmp , with the inside motor noise of 4000 rmp , with a kind of rolling noise... sorry I 'm not with my Jeep right now :(

I aslo discussed with a mechanic from Jeep , he directly thinks about the wheel bearing or a front axle shaft ...
I don't think this can explain the lack of power ...:confused:
I was given a appointment on Tuesday whole day ,that he can have a test drive and look after... until then he told me not to drive .

I would rather find the problem and fix it by myself ....than get the nice bill :lol:

jeeper_57 09-04-2012 02:52 PM

Hi , I'm just coming with some news ... the 2 front wheel bearings are in cause .
I makes a lot of vibrations and rolling noise , I heard it in curves and round about taken very slowly ...
I think it's strange for only 150000km, has someone experienced the same ?

TJcust 09-10-2012 04:40 PM

My front drivers went at 100,000