Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Does your dealer wash your Jeep? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/does-your-dealer-wash-your-jeep-46889.html)

jd2012jgc 08-31-2012 11:26 PM

Does your dealer wash your Jeep?

Without playing the "snob card", my last few rides have included BMW's and a Lexus. It went without saying that everytime the car would visit the dealership, they'd give it a quick exterior wash/dry.

So, brought the JGC in to the dealer to see if it was leaking a bit of oil (up on the hoist and bone dry--so some other car has dripped on my driveway where I park...:confused:) and asked if the mechanic if they could give it a quick wash. He said it wasn't his call. Asked the service advisor and got a puzzled look and a comment that they were really busy today.

Not a deal breaker in my opinion, but the 5 minutes and a clean Jeep to me is a sign of courtesy.

Just wondering what other's experiences have been at the dealer regarding washes.

Rodders 08-31-2012 11:38 PM

Re: Does your dealer wash your Jeep?

I couldn't even get the four service advisors to acknowledge my arrival for my first oil change, so a wash would have been more than a surprise. It's not my BMW or Infiniti experience, and I don't expect it to be. We bought the Jeep because we loved (and still do love) it. Besides... I wouldn't want them scratching my black paint with their dirty brushes :)

wildcat12 08-31-2012 11:41 PM

My dealer will run it through their car wash when we take it in for an oil change. I'm not sure about other services because I haven't used any yet. They also offered to wash my wife's chevy cobalt when we got the oil changed in it. I really hate letting other people change the oil in my cars but the dealer offers 4 for $60. There is no way I could do it that cheap so I decided to try out the dealer's service department.

FAUEE 08-31-2012 11:48 PM

I wouldn't let the dealership anywhere near my paint. I'm very particular about my paint condition, and there's no way they could do it to my satisfaction. Hell, it's just cause me more issues because they'd probably swirl it up.

I've had previous vehicles that they would wash the car during service, and I never let them. After I saw them "washing" the cars with a dirty rag, I made sure they stayed very far away from my vehicles and knew not to even think about washing them.

Duff Daddy 09-01-2012 08:00 AM

We would wash customers cars for Major Services, 30 60 90k's or if they did a large repair, but we would do more of a wash vac windows. Now working for Volvo servicing 80+ cars a day, we will wash every car and vac the floors at a minimum.

Its a courtesy however, you need to remember that when its done every time, it doesnt be come a "reward or thank you" it then becomes a expectation and you need to think of something different to "thank" the customer with. For some dealers, the way they are set up and the way the detail department is run, its not possible.

lll2for3lll 09-01-2012 08:26 AM

I could never let anybody wash any of my cars.

armoredsaint 09-01-2012 08:50 AM

i don't prefer free scratches and a 3rd rate wash with dirty brushes and water.

i always make sure they write don't wash.

JTS97Z28 09-01-2012 09:04 AM

I try to avoid the dealerships at all costs, but I had a complimentary first oil change so I used it. They offered to clean my Jeep Overland, but I refused since my Jeep was already given a hand wash by myself. I have yet to take my 2012 Overland through a car wash its all been hand washed and detailed by myself. Come winter time not sure if im going to be able to keep that streak going ;-)

peckmv 09-01-2012 11:16 AM

Mine is washed every time I take it to the dealer for any service. Even the free ones.

zmilin 09-01-2012 11:42 AM

The dealer I took mine to for the radio update did nothing.
Theres another dealer pretty close Ill try but my fin ace just leases a Lexus (same dealer I got the Jeep from) and they all but wipe your ass for you. Gotta say its nice to be appreciated from the dealer. Guess the one Jeep dealer doesn't appreciate me yet.

Jeeters 09-01-2012 11:49 AM

Back when I took my Liberty, it was hit or miss on whether it would get washed or not.

I remember one time I took it in for a repair, I hadn't washed it in quite a while and it was, well, filthy. It was an expensive repair and when I paid and I picked it up at the end of the day, I found they had washed it this time. I was so happy to see it shiny and clean for once, that it completely outweighed the sadness I'd just had when I paid the bill. It was the most expensive car wash ever, but at the time it oddly felt totally worth it. :)

When I took the WK2 in for the first oil change, I forget how the conversation went, but they hinted they'd wash it so I asked them not to. They were fine with that.

I had to get a windshield replaced under warranty a few months ago and they didn't wash it. It didn't surprise me since I know they didn't really do the replacement; they merely drove it down the road to some glass shop. The inside was also pretty bad, too, though - The floor and seats were covered with chunks and small flecks of the black glue that held in the old windshield that they'd scraped off. I was really surprised they gave it back to me like that and hadn't bothered to do a quick vacuum after they drove it back from the glass shop. Or at least brushed all the stuff that was on the seats onto the floor.

AAAA 09-01-2012 01:29 PM

Yes. Touchless wash.