Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Technical Tips/DIY/How-To (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f187/)
-   -   a/c recirculator door solution (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f187/a-c-recirculator-door-solution-46901.html)

jeep5.7 09-01-2012 11:13 AM

a/c recirculator door solution

ok for you guys that have a broker gear for the ricic. door i finally have a solution,no more epoxy or glue,lol,before this you had to replace the top blower unit and remove the dash,not anymore
it took alot of convincing to my dealer but they finally made just the gear available for purchase for 15$
just remove the glove box unplug the sloenoid,remove by taking out the three torx screws,remove old gear,turn key on and put ac on keep hitting the reirc mode on and off till the keyway lines up with the flat spot on the new gear,push in and screw down,put screws back in and done,
if you have problems with your dealer use mine,metro jeep springfield,ma

jeep5.7 09-01-2012 03:48 PM

Re: a/c recirculator door solution

sorry wrong forum,thanks for moving it

Gojeep 09-03-2012 04:04 AM

Sounds like a great solution.

jeep5.7 09-03-2012 09:29 AM

ya i think it is,the stealer wanted 1200$ to fix it,so for 15$ and a little time it was well worth it

Rob07WK 09-18-2012 02:31 PM

Mine is making some noise. I'm sure is ready to go soon.

Duff Daddy 09-18-2012 07:26 PM

They prob were replacing the gear, door and actuators also. but yea with 120.00/hr it can get expensive quick.

connie 12-11-2012 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeep5.7 (Post 678012)
ok for you guys that have a broker gear for the ricic. door i finally have a solution,no more epoxy or glue,lol,before this you had to replace the top blower unit and remove the dash,not anymore
it took alot of convincing to my dealer but they finally made just the gear available for purchase for 15$
just remove the glove box unplug the sloenoid,remove by taking out the three torx screws,remove old gear,turn key on and put ac on keep hitting the reirc mode on and off till the keyway lines up with the flat spot on the new gear,push in and screw down,put screws back in and done,
if you have problems with your dealer use mine,metro jeep springfield,ma

i have the same problem with broker gear in the recirc door and the dealer in greece sais it all comes as one unit i.e the actuator housing with the recirc door for abt 350 euros. Too much money for a 15 dollar fix. Wonder if there is any other sollution around it....I am prepared to buy the actuator that i understand includes the gear as well but not the recirc door.........Can you assist ??? I have a 2008 GC 3.0L diesel overland

connie 12-11-2012 05:08 PM

Have checked it myself just ago, the recirc actuator gear is broken but the broker part is missing. I cannot fix it.

Jeep 5.7, if your dealer can sell only the gear for usd 15, would you be able to assist me by sending me this by post or courrier in Greece?? I will of transfer to your account the courrier fee and the price of the spare of course.... If yes let me know so i can pm you