Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

The best way to spend time at the in-laws house.....

3K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Durt McGurt 
#1 · (Edited)
Warning this is not recommended for everyone... This is an advanced technique to make the time go by fast while visiting the inlaws

Step 1. Stock up on supplies.

Step 2. Spend the next 3 hours having fun washing your ride and having a couple cocktails while everyone else is inside talking about the weather/sports/politics.

3. Step back, smile and take a picture.

4. Go inside and tell your sister inlaw that her caddy srx is durty and needs to be cleaned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#4 ·
What an awesome colour combination!! The Altitudes are great.

I saw this in the new car yard when I went to pick up my grey Limited.
Had a slight sick feeling in my stomach wishing I had waited for this to hit the market before signing mine...

#5 ·
You could also tell her that her SRX is flat out ugly.

Looks good, but I notice a real wax is curiously absent. A nice carnauba wax will make the black paint looks amazing. Alternatively, a nice synthetic sealant type wax will make the flake pop amazingly.

#9 ·
My brother-in-law used to do that type of thing during family gatherings. When I was with him alone doing chores or just hanging out or drinking he was fine, but a larger family group he simply could not handle so was always puttering around trimming bushes or screwing around with his car.

He was a smart guy and a hard worker, but after becoming CEO of a company in a dying industry he had to shut down one, then two of their factories and fire lots of people. He ended up in electro-shock for over two years and now he's devoid of all emotion. He can't tell or laugh at a joke. He can't even hold down a job serving coffee at a diner.

I don't know if the two traits are related, and please don't take this the wrong way but try to get along in family situations. I'm an introvert myself and I deal with such gatherings not great either. I've pissed off a lot of them with my political views and I can't stand the stupidity of many of them. Fortunately most of the gatherings have been on my side of the family so it's my relatives, not my wife's, who can't stand me.

Nice job detailing the Jeep though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.