Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Another good month for Jeep in August! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/another-good-month-for-jeep-in-august-47027.html)

Scottina06 09-04-2012 09:47 AM

Another good month for Jeep in August!
 
•Jeep brand sales increase 5 percent in August; best August since 2003

•Jeep Wrangler sets sales record for month of August

•Jeep Grand Cherokee sales up 13 percent compared with same month a year ago; best August sales since 2006

•Dodge Charger, Jeep Grand Cherokee and Fiat 500 win Strategic Vision 2012 Total Quality Awards

•Jeep Grand Cherokee, Dodge Charger and Dodge Challenger win AutoPacific's 2012 Ideal Vehicle Awards based on owners' ratings of their 2012 cars and trucks


Jeep® Brand

Jeep brand sales were up 5 percent, the brand's best August sales in nine years and its 28th-consecutive month of year-over-year sales gains. The Jeep Wrangler, the brand's volume leader in August, set a sales record for the month of August. Sales of the Jeep Grand Cherokee, the most awarded SUV ever, were up 13 percent, its best August sales in six years. Sales of the Jeep Liberty were up 15 percent in August compared with the same month last year. It was the Liberty's best August since 2006.

The Grand Cherokee won a Total Quality Award in the Medium SUV segment from Strategic Vision in August. Strategic Vision's Total Quality Index reflects all aspects of buying, owning and driving a vehicle as a holistic measure, and encompasses positive and negative experiences including reliability, driving excitement, emotional attachment and overall sales and service.




Grand Cherokee


Aug.2012---12,848


Aug.2011---11,320


increase of over aug.2011---13%


sales ytd for 2012---99,536


sales thru aug 2011---75,189


increase over 2011 ytd-32%

GCOverland 09-04-2012 12:27 PM

Re: Another good month for Jeep in August!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 679001)
•Jeep Grand Cherokee sales up 13 percent compared with same month a year ago; best August sales since 2006

Awesome!

This is what you get by NOT dropping the ball and by constantly working on improving a great vehicle! Well done.

Scottina06 09-04-2012 03:06 PM

Re: Another good month for Jeep in August!
 
yes...and august 2006 was employee pricing plus sale. I got mine then for $10k off

Megatron 09-04-2012 03:28 PM

Re: Another good month for Jeep in August!
 
:clap: Jeep FTW

brianm929 09-04-2012 03:29 PM

Re: Another good month for Jeep in August!
 
Sales are up for Chrysler in Canada as well. If you build good product folks will buy it. Good to see our US car companies getting back to good health.

AussieWK2 09-04-2012 10:28 PM

Re: Another good month for Jeep in August!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 679001)
The Grand Cherokee won a Total Quality Award in the Medium SUV segment from Strategic Vision in August. Strategic Vision's Total Quality Index reflects all aspects of buying, owning and driving a vehicle as a holistic measure, and encompasses positive and negative experiences including reliability, driving excitement, emotional attachment and overall sales and service.

Great figures and great news and this is particularly encouraging for new Jeep converts like myself.

Though I have to say I'm not sure how SVTQI would have rated here in Australia.

"holistic measure, and encompasses positive and negative experiences including reliability, driving excitement, emotional attachment and overall sales and service."

Don't get me wrong many of us are very happy with our units, it's just the "service" aspect of the measured response has been extremely poor down here. Many have been left like shags on a rock. Jeep Australia simply will not discuss many of the serious issues that some of their customers have and are facing.

Jeep Australia ran a fantastic ads last year like these 2 here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v00Q-ke4BeQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HI7PSvMMXUw

The problem we see is that whilst Jeep Australia has been congratulating itself for massive sales spike solely due to an advertising campaign which is quite an artificial base, they've dropped the ball on after sales "service" leaving many new owners very disappointed and new converts very nervous.

Jeep Australia have built a fortress around themselves so some of us have spoken to some of the regional sales managers (in Queensland and New South Wales) but this has also been a futile attempt to gain reassurance from Jeep that we have in fact invested wisely.

I turn over a car every 2-3 years and I must say Jeep Australia have done absolutely nothing to woo me back as a cash paying customer. Our company is growing rapidly and whatever I do get, there will be a small to medium fleet of them.

Just thought I mention something here in the hope Jeep US read these forums.

GlennR 09-05-2012 02:29 AM

Re: Another good month for Jeep in August!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieWK2 (Post 679319)
Great figures and great news and this is particularly encouraging for new Jeep converts like myself.

Though I have to say I'm not sure how SVTQI would have rated here in Australia.

"holistic measure, and encompasses positive and negative experiences including reliability, driving excitement, emotional attachment and overall sales and service."

Don't get me wrong many of us are very happy with our units, it's just the "service" aspect of the measured response has been extremely poor down here. Many have been left like shags on a rock. Jeep Australia simply will not discuss many of the serious issues that some of their customers have and are facing.

Jeep Australia ran a fantastic ads last year like these 2 here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v00Q-ke4BeQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HI7PSvMMXUw

The problem we see is that whilst Jeep Australia has been congratulating itself for massive sales spike solely due to an advertising campaign which is quite an artificial base, they've dropped the ball on after sales "service" leaving many new owners very disappointed and new converts very nervous.

Jeep Australia have built a fortress around themselves so some of us have spoken to some of the regional sales managers (in Queensland and New South Wales) but this has also been a futile attempt to gain reassurance from Jeep that we have in fact invested wisely.

I turn over a car every 2-3 years and I must say Jeep Australia have done absolutely nothing to woo me back as a cash paying customer. Our company is growing rapidly and whatever I do get, there will be a small to medium fleet of them.

Just thought I mention something here in the hope Jeep US read these forums.

^+1

Yaccster 09-05-2012 04:02 AM

Re: Another good month for Jeep in August!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 679126)
yes...and august 2006 was employee pricing plus sale. I got mine then for $10k off

No SRTs in the program back then iirc.

AussieWK2 09-05-2012 04:24 PM

Re: Another good month for Jeep in August!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by brianm929 (Post 679134)
Sales are up for Chrysler in Canada as well. If you build good product folks will buy it. Good to see our US car companies getting back to good health.

Yes, this is great news, they have produced a great car that many of us are really enjoying but it will all account to naught if the Americans are grossly let down by their foreign franchises, ie, Jeep Australia!

Come on Jeep US, time to give your Australian cousins a SHAKE UP / WAKE UP call or they will nullify all your great leaps forward in recent times!!!! :slapfight:

AAAA 09-05-2012 07:37 PM

Re: Another good month for Jeep in August!
 
That's great news. Never thought I'd live long enough to see a Fiat win a quality award!

FAUEE 09-05-2012 09:44 PM

Re: Another good month for Jeep in August!
 
Just imagine what will happen when they have good products smaller than the GC.

padgett 09-06-2012 07:46 AM

Re: Another good month for Jeep in August!
 
My problem is understanding why the GC and the Durango are considered "mid-sized".


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:26 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community