Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f200/)
-   -   Radio Shuts Off While Driving (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f200/radio-shuts-off-while-driving-47090.html)

nrlewellen47 09-05-2012 07:48 PM

Radio Shuts Off While Driving

Ok guys, its been awhile since I have been on here. So my radio went out and now it only comes on when my foot is on the brake and im going from cruising speed to stopping and it only stays on from about 20mph to 10mph. Any ideas??

nrlewellen47 09-06-2012 08:33 PM

Re: Radio Shuts Off While Driving

Come on guys, nobody knows whats going on? not even any ideas??

Gus9890 09-06-2012 09:31 PM

Only thing I can think of is somethings up with the wiring. I haven't had this issue before.

cheapjeep 09-08-2012 05:14 AM

I've never heard of such a thing! I think I would cut the wires and run them to a different batt/ignition source and call it a day before even trying to figure that one out.

Frango100 09-08-2012 07:29 AM

I would remove the radio and check first if all connectors are inserted well.

TheStreet16 09-10-2012 11:14 AM

Mine just did something similar. As I was driving, I lost all power to radio and dash but the Jeep still ran. After about 5 seconds of me going
"Oh Sh!t :eek: :eek:" I had power come back up and everything was fine.

Any ideas?

Frango100 09-10-2012 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheStreet16 (Post 681686)
Mine just did something similar. As I was driving, I lost all power to radio and dash but the Jeep still ran. After about 5 seconds of me going

Any ideas?

This seems to be a problem with a connector or wire. Check if the connectors on the Junction Block are fixed well. Also have a look at the connections in the Power Distribution center under the hood.

Timmy D 04-22-2013 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheStreet16 (Post 681686)

Any ideas?

You either have a bad earth, a bad connection coming off the ignition somewhere or it a speaker wiring earthing out somewhere.

TheStreet16 04-23-2013 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timmy D (Post 808961)
You either have a bad earth, a bad connection coming off the ignition somewhere or it a speaker wiring earthing out somewhere.

My battery had a huge crack in it. Replaced with a new battery and everything is fine.