Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   Are these Headlights Good? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/are-these-headlights-good-47175.html)

2Sh3a 09-07-2012 12:34 PM

Are these Headlights Good?

Thinking about buying these and getting a HID kit from xenondepot. What do you guys think of these headlights? My WK is black btw.

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/05-06-07-JEEP...zzg~~60_12.JPG

spyder873 09-07-2012 12:45 PM

Re: Are these Headlights Good?

I plan on picking up a set of those myself ... I personally like them

DAVY27 09-07-2012 01:33 PM

get em

Scottina06 09-07-2012 02:57 PM

they are ok from the feedback seen here on the forums....but I would get some silicone sealant and add extra seal around the outside edges

2Sh3a 09-07-2012 04:03 PM

Thanks for the input people. Silicone is a good idea thank you.

Houston 09-07-2012 04:24 PM

I have them, couldnt be more pleased with how they look! i recommend them to anyone who wants to change up their stock look on their WK.

Go for it

mpgumby 09-08-2012 07:33 AM

I really like those and also plan on getting a set to help with the "storm trooper" look on my white WK. As far as HIDs in them, I personally would not because I don't think it's a good idea to put HIDs in anything other than a projector lens as that is what they are designed for. I hate going down the road and seeing someone with HIDs in a standard headlight and being smacked in the corneas because of the scatter caused by a non projector lens. Aiming the lights can help, but it really doesn't fix the issue. Just my thoughts though, and to each their own.

2Sh3a 09-08-2012 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpgumby (Post 680886)
I really like those and also plan on getting a set to help with the "storm trooper" look on my white WK. As far as HIDs in them, I personally would not because I don't think it's a good idea to put HIDs in anything other than a projector lens as that is what they are designed for. I hate going down the road and seeing someone with HIDs in a standard headlight and being smacked in the corneas because of the scatter caused by a non projector lens. Aiming the lights can help, but it really doesn't fix the issue. Just my thoughts though, and to each their own.

What about the Sylvania SilverStars? I heard they have a nice crisp look to them. I plan on getting some smoked fogs as well. How do you think that would look with the SilverStars?

Houston 09-08-2012 01:34 PM

I also have the sylvania silverstar ultras in my low beams, they have a distinct look if thats what your going for. also they are brighter then the stock bulbs

2Sh3a 09-08-2012 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Houston (Post 680958)
I also have the sylvania silverstar ultras in my low beams, they have a distinct look if thats what your going for. also they are brighter then the stock bulbs

Do they have a white or yellow look to them? I just want something that has a nice clear white look.

mpgumby 09-08-2012 01:53 PM

Silverstars will give you a very bright white beam. I've always used them before because of that very reason. You'll be amazed at how much brighter they are.

Houston 09-08-2012 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2Sh3a (Post 680964)
Do they have a white or yellow look to them? I just want something that has a nice clear white look.

They have a white look to them, there isnt really any yellow in this bulb at all. ive had these bulbs since last october and still running strong. once you buy these bulbs you will not want stock ones anymore

but if you buy the new headlight housing you will have to re-adjust your bulbs too btw. :thumbsup: