Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Disabled 2013 Limited Seat Belt Chime (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/disabled-2013-limited-seat-belt-chime-47200.html)

TSollecito 09-08-2012 09:33 AM

Disabled 2013 Limited Seat Belt Chime

I know this was mentioned in other threads but I haven't seen anything in the wk2 thread or for limited models with the push button start. Just figured this may help those interested. And first I want to say that I wear my seat belt at all times and do not recommend ever driving without it fastened, however there are times this comes in handy. I have a long driveway and sometimes get out at the mailbox before driving up the driveway and the chime can be annoying. I found this in another thread and tried it with my limited. Basically just pushing the button without hitting the brake should put it in ACC just as if it were a key. The red seatbelt light is still lit, and the EVIC will still show the alert but the chime is disabled. Also doing the trick again will enable the chime again.

start with the doors closed, ignition off. fasten your seat belt. turn the key on, (or push button to ACC mode) watch the seatbelt light. when it goes off, unbuckle rebuckle the seatbelt 3 times within 10 seconds, and immediately turn the key off (push button to off) it will chime once to tell you if this was done successfully.

Fumanchu 09-08-2012 12:40 PM

Re: Disabled 2013 Limited Seat Belt Chime

Method just worked on my 2012 as well. Thanks!

duttch 09-08-2012 06:29 PM

Thanks!! :thumbsup:

BobsWK2 09-08-2012 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TSollecito (Post 680906)
I know this was mentioned in other threads but I haven't seen anything in the wk2 thread or for limited models with the push button start. Just figured this may help those interested. And first I want to say that I wear my seat belt at all times and do not recommend ever driving without it fastened, however there are times this comes in handy. I have a long driveway and sometimes get out at the mailbox before driving up the driveway and the chime can be annoying. I found this in another thread and tried it with my limited. Basically just pushing the button without hitting the brake should put it in ACC just as if it were a key. The red seatbelt light is still lit, and the EVIC will still show the alert but the chime is disabled. Also doing the trick again will enable the chime again.

start with the doors closed, ignition off. fasten your seat belt. turn the key on, (or push button to ACC mode) watch the seatbelt light. when it goes off, unbuckle rebuckle the seatbelt 3 times within 10 seconds, and immediately turn the key off (push button to off) it will chime once to tell you if this was done successfully.

Isn't this mentioned in the owners manual?

TSollecito 09-08-2012 07:50 PM

Not sure about other manuals but mine just says "you can ask the dealer to disable" but it never mentioned the steps

Pillbucket 09-09-2012 03:58 PM

This worked on my 2012 as well.....thanks.

Ratchet 09-09-2012 09:03 PM

Just tried the disable procedure on my 2011. I did get a single chime upon turning the ignition off (push button) so I'll give it a try in the morning to confirm. Thanks for sharing the info regardless if it worked on my year model or not. ;)

GTREVINOWK2 09-09-2012 09:16 PM

Cool!!

armoredsaint 09-09-2012 10:28 PM

tag!

the chime isn't nearly as annoying as a toyota camry - it's horrible.

Ratchet 09-10-2012 06:24 AM

2011 Limited. Chime disable confirmed! Thank you...thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!

Schweibs 09-10-2012 08:32 PM

2011 Laredo chime disabled. Thanks so much !

armoredsaint 09-11-2012 08:53 AM

just tried it a couple of times on my 2012, doesn't work - maybe i did something wrong, i'll try again later :D