Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f185/)
-   -   SRT Reps During Winter? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f185/srt-reps-during-winter-47324.html)

2Sh3a 09-11-2012 01:13 PM

SRT Reps During Winter?

Well I'm about to get some WK Bilsteins, Eibachs, SRT reps. I'm just curious to see how many people keep their wheels on year round. I'm not sure if I want to wait for Spring or just keep them on for the Winter. I'm in Kansas and our Winters aren't crazy or anything but we do get snow. Thanks

jrjeep 09-11-2012 01:17 PM

Re: SRT Reps During Winter?

mine stay on all year round lol

Socal rocks baby .!!!!!!!!!!!

paroxysym 09-11-2012 01:32 PM

are you going chrome finish or no? i think if you got the satin/black/comp gray the weather wouldnt be an issue for them. just get yourself a nice all-season tire with some nice tread and call it a day.

being in md, and seeing how much the salt the hell out of the roads- i often talk myself out of reps. but im coming around to the idea.

2Sh3a 09-11-2012 01:49 PM

Yea I plan on getting the black ones. I for sure don't want rubber bands on these things so I might just get some good all-season and call it a day like you said.

Scottina06 09-11-2012 02:19 PM

I have NEVER taken mine off. I live in KY...so we dont get a lot of snow either. Just seal them inside and out with a good paint sealant, wash them off if you do get salt on them and youll be fine.(dont use the harsh carwash soap either) Just spray off with water and wash them with whatever you use on your jeeps painted surfaces when you can.

spyder873 09-11-2012 02:40 PM

I plan on taking mine off and putting the stock 17" wheels and tires.

DAVY27 09-11-2012 03:20 PM

i was going to take em off for the winter but...last year nyc got 1? "snowstorm" lol. do what scott said, seal em and rinse whenver. i cant go back to the dam stockers lol

SvenskaJeepGuy 09-11-2012 05:42 PM

i bought black reps specifically for the winter. just seal them and use quick detailer in between washes

georgio21 10-02-2012 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2Sh3a (Post 682185)
Well I'm about to get some WK Bilsteins, Eibachs, SRT reps. I'm just curious to see how many people keep their wheels on year round. I'm not sure if I want to wait for Spring or just keep them on for the Winter. I'm in Kansas and our Winters aren't crazy or anything but we do get snow. Thanks

Have you got the setup of wk Bilsteins, eibachs, and reps? i plan on getting new shocks and springs soon and was wondering if you like the set up? any pros cons?

Ronsse610 10-02-2012 12:33 PM

do it, i would... unless you in deep snow and could damage then, otherwise 100%