Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Remote start, ventilated seats question (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/remote-start-ventilated-seats-question-47356.html)

jordanwallace 09-11-2012 11:10 PM

Remote start, ventilated seats question

Hi all, when using remote start on a warm/hot day the driver's side ventilated seat comes on as it should with the comfort system option. When I get into the Jeep the seat is on the high setting with both blue lights on. When I hit the start button and the engine starts and the seat will go down to the low setting, one blue light, automatically. It does this every time. Just annoying to have to change it back to the high setting. I was wondering if anyone else had noticed this, and if it is by design. My Jeep is a 2012 Overland FYI. Thanks for any feedback.

Mongoose9400 09-11-2012 11:20 PM

Normal

Sent from my iPhone 4S

Smooth1 09-12-2012 07:19 PM

Re: Remote start, ventilated seats question

You must have the memory setting set to that vent level. If you preset the memory for the radio station, seat and steering position, ac temp, and a few others, when you hit the start button, all those settings over ride the comfort settings with remote start.

gomaximo 09-12-2012 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mongoose9400 (Post 682466)
Normal

Sent from my iPhone 4S

+1. The system adjust the settings based on the temp that you selected.

GTREVINOWK2 09-13-2012 12:38 AM

Mine is limited but have same function ... I do agree i hate changing it

jordanwallace 09-13-2012 11:54 PM

Okay, well I guess that's the way it is. Thanks for the input. :)

Smooth1 09-14-2012 08:39 PM

I don't think you understood my post. You can easily change it. Mine stays at the high level even after I push the start button.

Put the seat where you want it, then put the seat vent setting on high. Then select the radio station, and adjust the steering wheel. Now push the little selector button and save it to 1 or 2. Now shut it off and get out. Lock it and then hit the remote start. Get in, and push the start button. It will stay in the high setting now from now on.

JTS97Z28 09-14-2012 11:17 PM

Mine does the same thing it goes from high then to low after hitting the start button. It always annoyed me too, but didn't think to ask about it. I could try the method above, but I don't think it matters as its not going to get hot enough to even test it anyways.

jordanwallace 09-22-2012 12:12 AM

Okay, well I tried setting the ventilated seats on the high setting to my memory position. It said stored, but still goes down to low level when I press the start button. Humm....