Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f185/)
-   -   Front Shocks Springs Install (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f185/front-shocks-springs-install-47387.html)

2Sh3a 09-12-2012 01:05 PM

Front Shocks Springs Install

How hard is putting in WK Bilsteins and SRT8 Eibach springs on the front? I don't do much with cars and have never tackled front shocks/struts. I looked at a write up but it looked pretty difficult. I don't have power tools just a jack/stands and some cheapo tools. I know I can do the rear end no problem but the front looks kind of sketchy.

2Sh3a 09-12-2012 01:34 PM

Re: Front Shocks Springs Install

Never mind I said eff it, my mechanic said he'd do it for $350 with an alignment.

jrjeep 09-12-2012 01:57 PM

yeah front is pretty hard for someone like
me with little to no knowledge.

My mechanic charged me 160( he charged 100. i gave him an extra 60)
both front and back shocks and springs =)

2Sh3a 09-12-2012 02:23 PM

Sounds like SoCal is the shit. Kansas blows, literally it's windy as fawk here lol

JMLoughrey 09-12-2012 02:41 PM

$350 is a little steep, even with an alignment.

2Sh3a 09-12-2012 02:43 PM

$350 for front and back.

JMLoughrey 09-13-2012 08:34 AM

front and back wit an alignment for $350 is very fair.

4.whoa 09-14-2012 01:40 PM

So did you go with the wk eibachs or the srt eibachs? saw in another thread you said the wk's, and above the srt's. I have a combination of cut front stockers and rear wk's,and would love to compare it to the srt eibachs.

2Sh3a 09-14-2012 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4.whoa (Post 683654)
So did you go with the wk eibachs or the srt eibachs? saw in another thread you said the wk's, and above the srt's. I have a combination of cut front stockers and rear wk's,and would love to compare it to the srt eibachs.

Yea I haven't pulled the trigger yet. I can't decide between the SRT or WK Eibachs. I heard if you get the SRT ones you have to do something with the bumpstops, not sure though. I'm leaning towards the WKs right now but on the other hand I think the SRTs might give a little more drop and look better with the SRT reps!? Either way I have to get something next week when I get my $$$.

4.whoa 09-14-2012 07:17 PM

any plans on coming up to the fair this weekend ? I live a couple blocks away. like I said I've got wk eibachs on wk bilstiens. either way , I suggest getting the SRT bilsteins,I've been wishing I had almost from the get go .

2Sh3a 09-14-2012 09:46 PM

That's cool I didn't realize your in KS. I had plans to go tonight but things changed. Aren't the SRT Bilsteins double the price? Might be worth it though eh?

4.whoa 09-14-2012 11:19 PM

yeah they are a bit more, but they are valved different & a little shorter so if you're going to get the srt eibachs,that's the way you want to go. I'd love to have a set,but I'm going to have to wait awhile. I may just end up going with the Bc coilovers...but not for a bit ,I put a little too much into this thing already this year and I still need a new set of tires :(