Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   NavTool Lockpick (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/navtool-lockpick-47404.html)

akasjl 09-12-2012 06:49 PM

NavTool Lockpick

Is anyone one using this version of the lock pick, and if so, please provide your feedback. Thank you.

http://www.navtool.com/cherokeevim.aspx

Jim_in_PA 09-12-2012 08:12 PM

Re: NavTool Lockpick

Looks very expensive compared to others...

akasjl 09-12-2012 11:46 PM

Agreed. I ordered a Lockpick v 5 from a company that stated it had it in stock. They were wrong and it is actually on back order, and the NavTool was offered to me for the same price. Or, I can wait for eventual delivery of the Lockpick I ordered. If forum users have experience with the NavTool, I figure I may go with that unit since the company is covering the difference in price.

eibyer 09-13-2012 09:21 AM

A little expensive but if they're covering the difference, take it. There was a member here or one of the other forums that used it and said he was happy with it. It worked for him just like a lockpick would have probably done, he had money to burn :)

I personally just bought from ebay, got it from the 12volt4less seller, shipped priority, just haven't gotten to the installation part.

SRT4LIFE 09-13-2012 05:14 PM

i'm using one and i'm extremely happy with it,

i'm using their new version, picture in link is old version

Not only product is MADE IN USA its also glitch-less compared to other devices. I have tried them all, they were cheaper and eventually I had to send them back cause they weren't working properly and messing with my radio, but NavTool Interface work like a charm and most important doesn't mess around with my radio compared to cheaper solution from Asia.

akasjl 09-22-2012 06:59 AM

Thanks for reply. I received my unit with no instrutions, and there don't appear to be any for the new unit on the site. There are two harnesses, one w/a white connector that has the a/v and camera cables, the other gray. I take it the mygig cables are similarly colored white/gray? Also, I told them I have a 2012 Grand Cherokee. The unit has a sticker on the back that says"Jeep Compass VES." Was I sent the wrong unit? It seems there would be no difference but I don't know. Finally, what are the two buttons next to the usb port? I have an email to the company but thought I would ask.

SRT4LIFE 09-25-2012 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akasjl (Post 686968)
Thanks for reply. I received my unit with no instrutions, and there don't appear to be any for the new unit on the site. There are two harnesses, one w/a white connector that has the a/v and camera cables, the other gray. I take it the mygig cables are similarly colored white/gray? Also, I told them I have a 2012 Grand Cherokee. The unit has a sticker on the back that says"Jeep Compass VES." Was I sent the wrong unit? It seems there would be no difference but I don't know. Finally, what are the two buttons next to the usb port? I have an email to the company but thought I would ask.

When I did my install, i didn't need to use two push buttons, as I was also curious to what those 2 buttons do, I have called NavTool and they explained that buttons are for European vehicles.installation is straight forward match connectors in the back and you are done, My unit also came with wrong software pre installed, but i was able to install correct software inside NavTool interface using their update tool , BTW their update tool is super easy to use it took me 60 seconds and only few clicks to install correct software