Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/)
-   -   Justin Timberlake's New Grand Cherokee SRT8 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/justin-timberlakes-new-grand-cherokee-srt8-47414.html)

Scottina06 09-12-2012 11:58 PM

Justin Timberlake's New Grand Cherokee SRT8

http://www.celebritycarsblog.com/201...ebrity+Cars%29

EviL 09-13-2012 01:39 AM

Re: Justin Timberlake's New Grand Cherokee SRT8

hmmm this car is getting alot of attention ;)

MIKE SRT8 09-13-2012 10:40 AM

Is he a member on here? :D

FAUEE 09-13-2012 08:30 PM

Honestly, if I had the kind of money he has, I'd have an ML63 or Cayenne Turbo. The GC SRT8 is nice and all, but not on the same level of those in any way, and he's got PLENTY of cash to burn.

Then again, maybe he just wanted another toy. Or maybe Jeep made him a great offer to get celebs out in them.

mlarco52 09-14-2012 09:16 AM

There are other members on the forums with just as much money, driving the wk2 srt8. Wonder why, oh that's right it's probably because they like it just like he does...

Anyways glad to see celebs hauling ass in our trucks!

HAMMMERHEAD 09-14-2012 10:52 PM

You have to give the top two Germans respect and we all do here for their performance and what they are, but the SRT8 has a menacing muscled look that just gets peoples attention. The front end on the WK2 just screams F U that even non car enthusiasts notice and give you a double take. Oh yeah, its still pretty cool that its all in JEEP!

ChrisWk 09-14-2012 11:13 PM

Maybe he like jeeps.

soontobesrt 09-16-2012 03:02 AM

Yeah I subscribe to the whole "no matter how much money I have" Im going to buy things I truly like and enjoy for things beyond just status, brand name. Things like heritage, history and feel are key to me which I think Jeep has way more than many other brands. Millionaire or not the Jeep SRT8 is an awesome ride that provides great bang for your buck. So yeah just cause you have $ doesn't mean you need to spend it on something expensive.

Thats the total opposite of the rich mentality anyway if you ask em. Why do you think the rich are so rich? Smart with money and know good value when they see it ;)

SRTILL8 09-16-2012 10:00 AM

those wheels look like black WK1'ers....

jk! but i am stirring the pot.. :D

FAUEE 09-16-2012 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soontobesrt (Post 684137)
Yeah I subscribe to the whole "no matter how much money I have" Im going to buy things I truly like and enjoy for things beyond just status, brand name. Things like heritage, history and feel are key to me which I think Jeep has way more than many other brands. Millionaire or not the Jeep SRT8 is an awesome ride that provides great bang for your buck. So yeah just cause you have $ doesn't mean you need to spend it on something expensive.

Thats the total opposite of the rich mentality anyway if you ask em. Why do you think the rich are so rich? Smart with money and know good value when they see it ;)

Except everything the SRT8 competes with has more of everything. More luxury, more heritage, more quality, more performance...

There's no denying that the SRT8 is a great value (if you can call a $60k SUV a value), but when you've got the kind of millions he has, the $30-40k difference is a drop in the bucket.

Seriously, the dude banged Britney Spears when she was still hot. The man most likely makes enough to buy the Jeep and an AMG just for showing up somewhere.

I can see liking the styling though. It's certainly the most unique looking of the group, and the most aggressive. The BMW looks frankly boring, and the MB is very stylish and classy, but not angry like the Jeep. The Cayenne is much in the same, very classy and sophisticated, but doesn't look fun. The Jeep, you walk up to it, you know it's gonna be a blast. The others, not so much.

Mongoose9400 09-16-2012 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAUEE (Post 684300)

I can see liking the styling though. It's certainly the most unique looking of the group, and the most aggressive. The BMW looks frankly boring, and the MB is very stylish and classy, but not angry like the Jeep. The Cayenne is much in the same, very classy and sophisticated, but doesn't look fun. The Jeep, you walk up to it, you know it's gonna be a blast. The others, not so much.

This is personally how I feel about the Jeep compared to the German counterparts. The Jeep looks the best IMO. Well said.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

Scottina06 09-16-2012 05:39 PM

Like!