Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Misaligned back hatch! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/misaligned-back-hatch-47436.html)

BumChuck 09-13-2012 04:30 PM

Misaligned back hatch!

Hey guys, I have a 2012 JGC Limited bought it 2 weeks ago and I am just starting to see some minor things. But the biggest of them all is the misaligned back hatch. I took it to the dealer and they said that just the way it comes and can't do anything about it. I live in Central America and I would like to know what you guys think! This is unacceptable! The quality is awful! On one side i can stick my whole finger between the gaps of the Pillar and Hatch and on the other side I cant even fit a peice of paper!

Thnxz,

BumChuck

77Cherokee 09-13-2012 05:49 PM

Re: Misaligned back hatch!

Go to another dealer. This one lied to you.

BumChuck 09-13-2012 09:48 PM

There's one dealer in the whole country! Not an option! hahaha

savvas 09-13-2012 10:06 PM

Go back to the dealer, find a new GC on the lot and compare both. If that's how they come , which they dont, then it should have the same issues.

What country are you in?

AussieJeep 09-14-2012 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by savvas (Post 683463)
Go back to the dealer, find a new GC on the lot and compare both. If that's how they come , which they dont, then it should have the same issues.

What country are you in?

Thats right and it is adjustable too boot.

BumChuck 09-20-2012 10:21 PM

One dealer in the whole country! I am in Nicaragua, Its located in Central America! It sucks how the dealer cant fix anything! Now there are rattles in both the right and rear suspension! the JGC is going into "check" tomorrow at 8 am. Wish me luck that they will fix everything!

AAAA 09-21-2012 09:56 AM

Good luck. And we know where Nicaragua is. We are not all as dumb as we sound here! :D

ChrisOC 09-21-2012 05:00 PM

Oh man, Good Luck, it should be an easy fix, well for your dealer. :thumbsup: But I always thought that Nicaragua was near Costa Rica which is near Alaska and also able to see Russia.

robpp 09-21-2012 05:59 PM

its all adjustable. is there a body shop you can trust nearby?

heiniken 09-26-2012 12:58 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I had this issue on my 2011 Overland. It was so far off that the glass would hit the rear pillar when closing the hatch, and caused about a 1 inch chip in the paint. I took it to the dealer and they replaced the rear glass, as well as sent it off to the body shop to have the paint chip repaired

jgiuliani 09-26-2012 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heiniken (Post 688768)
I had this issue on my 2011 Overland. It was so far off that the glass would hit the rear pillar when closing the hatch, and caused about a 1 inch chip in the paint. I took it to the dealer and they replaced the rear glass, as well as sent it off to the body shop to have the paint chip repaired

Wow that is unreal. And nobody on the line or in quality control caught that! What has happened to pride in workmanship?

AAAA 09-26-2012 02:51 PM

That is horrible. I'll bet it was done in transit or at dealer(s) prior to delivery.