Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Check Engine Light twice within 3days :( (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/check-engine-light-twice-within-3days-47478.html)

Tkrichman 09-14-2012 07:26 PM

Check Engine Light twice within 3days :(

Check engine light came on wednesday. Dealer says it was a stored cylinder 2 misfire, nothing was "active". They cleared it and ran it and it didn't come back on when they had it. Tonight the CEL came back on. It seems to be running fine.

What questions should I be asking the dealer to get this fixed once and for all? I don't want it cleared again, obviously something is broken. Any ideas in the direction I should point them?

newtoncd8 09-14-2012 10:15 PM

Re: Check Engine Light twice within 3days :(

Do you have a ticking noise coming from the engine? If the CEL continues, you have a ticking noise or stalling and cylinder #2 misfire, the dealer should be well aware of the issue. Some light reading: http://www.autoweek.com/article/2012...NEWS/120819959

Tkrichman 09-15-2012 09:17 AM

Yes I have the ticking noise, it seems like its coming from behind the left side of the dash behind the tach. Its not bad only really noticible if your searching for it. I never really noticed it until a few weeks ago, or I had my radio volume high enough not to hear it. Thanks for the info, I will take this to the dealer and see what they say.

Tkrichman 09-15-2012 02:37 PM

Service manager agreed that the ticking and multiple times storing cylinder 2 misfire would warrant the head replacement. They will be investigating further on Monday.

newtoncd8 09-15-2012 03:36 PM

Good to hear they will take care of it ... make sure they give you a rental as it is covered by Chrysler.

Tkrichman 09-17-2012 03:32 PM

Dealer agreed that the head needs to be replaced. They said it should be completed in 2-3 days and that they had one in stock.

mort81 10-03-2012 06:10 AM

Just had this happened to me. Had the head replaced and picked it up and it ran worse than before. Took it back and said the new head was faulty as well. Ordered a new one and installed it. Picked it up yesterday afternoon and so far no problems

robpp 10-03-2012 09:53 AM

thats going to look great on ALL these carfax........when resale time comes/

fouad 11-01-2012 05:36 PM

I have a shaking engine or beter described as stubling movement on start moving, after a while i had the check engine light on, at the dealer ship they updated the system and it went off but had it on again after couple of days ! Is that supposed to be misfiring issue considered simple electrical or smtn else ?

kkreit01 11-02-2012 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mort81 (Post 691693)
Just had this happened to me. Had the head replaced and picked it up and it ran worse than before. Took it back and said the new head was faulty as well. Ordered a new one and installed it. Picked it up yesterday afternoon and so far no problems

I don' understand this, and I would be furious. Don't the wrench monkeys DRIVE a vehicle after major surgery?!

gc4x4 11-02-2012 09:25 PM

I have the ticking noise and the dealer and Chrysler refuse to fix it unless i get a check engine light im %#%^ pissed, what happened to customer care? I told them the head replacement will fix it and they refuse to do anything until it sets a CEL... i oughta take it to Detroit and let Sergio hear it for himself.

fouad 11-04-2012 03:42 AM

after check engine light Eco is not working anymore with me, did u have the same issue ?