Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f186/)
-   -   My semi-new but used Alpine system install (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f186/my-semi-new-but-used-alpine-system-install-47611.html)

enzo808 09-18-2012 02:10 AM

My semi-new but used Alpine system install

I'll be installing my Alpine system which most of the stuff I bought, I got it from eBay. I'm starting the install tomorrow & try and see how much I can do before I have to go to work in the evening. I purchased an Alpine CDA-7940 CD player, an Alpine V-Power mono amp rated @ 1,000 watts @ 2 ohms. I think the model # is MRV-1000. I also have the ERA-G310 [Japan model] EQ & a 10" Orion XTR "Red Series" DVC 4 ohm subwoofer with a Scosche sealed box; hatchback style. I'm in the process of selling the Orion sub so I can get an Alpine sub but am undecided on the purchase of a certain Alpine sub. I currently plan on using the stock mids for now until I can afford to buy some Alpine mids so.......(sigh) Wish me luck on the install & will be posting pics & hopefully run a video on the final & finished setup. Aloha y'all!!

jeremyc653 09-19-2012 06:09 AM

Re: My semi-new but used Alpine system install

Good Luck I will be starting mine next week

enzo808 09-20-2012 12:52 AM

Godspeed homie, Godspeed! So far, I got the amps mounted & the amp kit hooked up. Just gotta wire in the wiring for da mids; the deck & EQ will be last.

jeremyc653 09-23-2012 03:34 PM

Ya i got everything but deck and bezel lol but i hooked up my battery backwards like an idiot now I have to grt it running first lol

Madanio24 09-23-2012 10:57 PM

Can't go wrong with alpine I have the Ina-w910 with vpower mono amps and pdx 4 channel amp sounds amazing.

enzo808 11-02-2012 03:05 AM

As of today, I've got everything hooked up minus the subwoofer. I'll be going to buy me a sealed box for my 10" Orion & do the finishing touches on mounting the amp & I'll be hiding the wiring into someplace inconspicuous. I'll be posting up pics either tomorrow or Saturday. Hopefully, I can add a short video in this thread to show you guys [and gals] how it sounds. Till then; Aloha y'all!!

TimmyB 11-23-2012 06:46 PM

To save some money why not build your own sub box. I made one for my 10w6v2, following JL's specs, out of 3/4" MDF and then grey carpet I bought at Walmart for 10 bucks that actually matches the stock grey carpet in the cargo area. Where are you mounting your amps? I actually pulled my stock cargo floor and fit them under there, then made a false floor out of 2x4 bracing and 3/4" MDF covered in the same walmart grey carpet, looks completely stock and no one even knows my amps are under there. I had it like that for 2 years now, ran the amps hard and never once had them go into safe mode, though they are the JL Slash series with huge cooling fins.

Good luck with everything, sure its gonna sound great.