Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Engine Performance/Intakes and Exhausts/Superchargers/Turbos (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f170/)
-   -   2012 SRT8 Supercharger & Headers (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f170/2012-srt8-supercharger-and-headers-47715.html)

Tracy@wpc.com 09-20-2012 12:42 AM

2012 SRT8 Supercharger & Headers

I am looking for information on a Supercharger & Headers for my 2012 SRT8..

I heard King Motorsports had a Supercharger option, but I cannot locate them.

I have seen numerous references to Brad King & Brad Trunstall King Motorsports, but I cannot find any contact information on them and their website seems to be down for some time now, are they still in business ??

ekaz 09-20-2012 09:00 AM

Re: 2012 SRT8 Supercharger & Headers

There are no tuning options for the 12's, therefore no superchargers. If there is one, I wouldn't trust it.

mjw930 09-20-2012 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ekaz (Post 686111)
There are no tuning options for the 12's, therefore no superchargers. If there is one, I wouldn't trust it.

That's not entirely true, any SC vendor could team up with B&G to produce an SC tune and package it with the kit.

But to your point, I haven't seen anything hit the street.

ekaz 09-20-2012 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjw930 (Post 686128)
That's not entirely true, any SC vendor could team up with B&G to produce an SC tune and package it with the kit.

But to your point, I haven't seen anything hit the street.

I wouldn't trust a flash with guesses for a supercharger tune. A "canned" tune doesn't cover everything and without the ability to log and flash accordingly....Plus the headache of having to remove the PCM and sending it in each time you needed a revision? Not worth the risk or headache.

Mongoose9400 09-20-2012 10:59 AM

There are options to swap to the previous (6.1) PCM which would allow anything.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

robpp 09-20-2012 11:19 AM

^^^^^^^^ throw away your warranty.......and you are right........options galore/

also cost....if no object anything can be done.

the only one's i have seen are arrington with AJ doing the tuning. its not like you just PnP the 2010 PCM/
i would price that at about a 5K option plus throw the warranty away.

ekaz 09-20-2012 12:20 PM

Last I heard, the Arrington swap only worked on some of the LX's, plus good bye to any type of warranty. I think they would void the entire electrical system including the drivetrain. But like rob said....money can get you anything.

Mongoose9400 09-20-2012 12:23 PM

They've come out on the redsite posting a thread up looking for someone that wanted to do the swap to a WK2. IIRC it was a combined effort. TTC for the turbo setup and Arrington for the electrical swap.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

mjw930 09-20-2012 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ekaz (Post 686141)
I wouldn't trust a flash with guesses for a supercharger tune. A "canned" tune doesn't cover everything and without the ability to log and flash accordingly....Plus the headache of having to remove the PCM and sending it in each time you needed a revision? Not worth the risk or headache.

Where did I say Canned to Guesses????? I said they could create a tune WITH B&G and package the new PCM with the SC kit. No guesses involved.

Honestly, I would trust an engineered package which includes the proper full PCM modifications than some local tuner slapping an SC on my motor and attempting to come up with a tune using a Diablo or similar product.

The aftermarket has a lot of people brainwashed that 2 vehicles with an identical engine package require separate tunes, they don't. A packaged solution like one that Mopar could create (and Ford already does) would come with all the parts, including the new tune, to work perfectly. Certainly as well as locally modified tune created in a couple hours on an inertial dyno.

ekaz 09-20-2012 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjw930 (Post 686288)
Where did I say Canned to Guesses????? I said they could create a tune WITH B&G and package the new PCM with the SC kit. No guesses involved.

Honestly, I would trust an engineered package which includes the proper full PCM modifications than some local tuner slapping an SC on my motor and attempting to come up with a tune using a Diablo or similar product.

The aftermarket has a lot of people brainwashed that 2 vehicles with an identical engine package require separate tunes, they don't. A packaged solution like one that Mopar could create (and Ford already does) would come with all the parts, including the new tune, to work perfectly. Certainly as well as locally modified tune created in a couple hours on an inertial dyno.

Someone working closely with B&G, that's a different story. As for an SC and a Diablo tuner...I have no issues with that either...an email to my tuner with what I got and I have a base tune. From there I log and tweak to get the most out of it.

jgc4ever 09-20-2012 09:55 PM

All that power and it's still not enough? Are you racing Vipers at stop lights? Sorry, but I honestly just don't understand.

mjw930 09-21-2012 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgc4ever (Post 686512)
All that power and it's still not enough? Are you racing Vipers at stop lights? Sorry, but I honestly just don't understand.

You can never be too thin, too rich or have too much power. :cool: