Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Export Grand Cherokee 2011+ (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/)
-   -   voice recognition for making calls (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/voice-recognition-for-making-calls-47763.html)

joelacq 09-20-2012 09:36 PM

voice recognition for making calls

I don't want to use this. How can i turn it off? Its extremely frustrating.

Whats the best way i can scroll though my contacts to make a call. Can i have a favorites list?

thanks

GlennR 09-20-2012 10:11 PM

Re: voice recognition for making calls

Quote:

Originally Posted by joelacq (Post 686504)
I don't want to use this. How can i turn it off? Its extremely frustrating.

Whats the best way i can scroll though my contacts to make a call. Can i have a favorites list?

thanks

Really?? I find the Uconnect superb for hands free driving, the only pain is the iphones address book that creates a duplicate if the number is in my iphone and on the exchange server I am constantly connected to. (I'm too lazy to clean up my phonebook!). Make sure to switch off the confirmations on the uconnect settings so you are not getting constant questions when you are trying to voicedial... and... well like I say, good system IMHO and keeps your eyes on the road. (ACC also helps!!!)

allypally 09-20-2012 10:21 PM

If only the voice prompts were in english. They have some very weird pronounceations of some words or names.
I have a lot of trouble getting the system to recognise what I am saying, and more often than not end up manually punching in numbers on the screen to make a call.

John47 09-21-2012 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allypally (Post 686527)
If only the voice prompts were in english. They have some very weird pronounceations of some words or names.
I have a lot of trouble getting the system to recognise what I am saying, and more often than not end up manually punching in numbers on the screen to make a call.

We have the same.....and do the same....

GlennR 09-21-2012 12:58 AM

Did you go through the initial voice recognition learning sequence. Mine seems to work faultless. Even the voice input this arvo to put in a street address on the SatNav worked great. I find speaking deliberatly slower seems to do the trick.....and I suppose my usual phone contacts have simple names which would help.....expect for the french, dutch and german ones!!!

John47 09-21-2012 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlennR (Post 686566)
Did you go through the initial voice recognition learning sequence.

Yep - even that was painful......and we just couldn't get compatible.
I had a Philips mobile phone seems like a lifetime ago that worked perfectly using voice recognition to dial (the phone that is.....well before bluetooth)
Gave up on the Uconnect - it doesn't get used enough to make the effort worthwhile in our case. Just too clunky.

Dasher 09-21-2012 03:01 AM

I have a HTC phone that works fine with the uconnect the one thing that stuffs me up is saying "dial" instead of "call" as it is easy to remember names and not phone numbers and also I found having the window closed better, tried to call home the other day and with the outside noise somehow didn't call but instead changed language selection to Spanish and that was a task and a half to get English back if you don't speak Spanish:confused: