Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Suspension/Driveline/Brakes/Wheels/Tires (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/)
-   -   Quadra Lift Questions (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/quadra-lift-questions-47857.html)

Trailpixie 09-23-2012 08:07 PM

Quadra Lift Questions

The short question...can you drive very slowly in sport mode? What about park mode?

The explanation: I have a subaru forester that, amazingly, is exactly the same height as a stock WK2. On top of my forester, I mount a yakima skybox for skis and a rooftop tent. Unfortunately, neither can be left on the roof of the car when I drive the car into my garage. Both the skybox and the tent miss by something like an inch or so. So what I am trying to figure our is whether I would be able to get into my garage with a WK2 with Quadra Lift in sport mode.

If I recall correctly, sport mode is something like -2" from stock. They say that park mode is still a bit lower, I think. I presume there would be no way to move the vehicle while it is in park mode. I like the quadra lift setup because I think the sport mode will probably see a bit of a mileage improvement and the park mode should make it easier to load kayaks and rooftop tents onto the roof. All this is somewhat dependent on the roof rack towers you attach to the roof, and that seems like a bit of a muddled mess with the different rail setups.

Is there anything about quadra lift that a prospective buyer should now...besides the obvious expense and "another thing to break" problem. I wouldn't be considering adding a lift-kit. I did that with my Liberty, and it tanked my fuel economy. With Quadra lift, I can't imagine you would need much more clearance for typical fire-road driving or heavy snow conditions and it should be much better for highway driving.

P.S. no I don't feel like deflating my tires every time I want to roll into the garage with the roof-stuff on the vehicle.

rich mac 09-23-2012 08:57 PM

Re: Quadra Lift Questions

You can lower to park mode anytime you are below 15 mph. It will stay at that height until you go faster than 15 mph (unless you change the height manually).
I use park mode each time I use my garage.

AAAA 09-24-2012 04:53 AM

You need to check the owner's manual on the Official Jeep website. I think the lowering is not as great as you assume. I do not have QL, but I think that Park is -1.5 inches from Normal.

Dasher 09-24-2012 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trailpixie (Post 687486)
The short question...can you drive very slowly in sport mode? What about park mode?

The explanation: I have a subaru forester that, amazingly, is exactly the same height as a stock WK2. On top of my forester, I mount a yakima skybox for skis and a rooftop tent. Unfortunately, neither can be left on the roof of the car when I drive the car into my garage. Both the skybox and the tent miss by something like an inch or so. So what I am trying to figure our is whether I would be able to get into my garage with a WK2 with Quadra Lift in sport mode.

If I recall correctly, sport mode is something like -2" from stock. They say that park mode is still a bit lower, I think. I presume there would be no way to move the vehicle while it is in park mode. I like the quadra lift setup because I think the sport mode will probably see a bit of a mileage improvement and the park mode should make it easier to load kayaks and rooftop tents onto the roof. All this is somewhat dependent on the roof rack towers you attach to the roof, and that seems like a bit of a muddled mess with the different rail setups.

Is there anything about quadra lift that a prospective buyer should now...besides the obvious expense and "another thing to break" problem. I wouldn't be considering adding a lift-kit. I did that with my Liberty, and it tanked my fuel economy. With Quadra lift, I can't imagine you would need much more clearance for typical fire-road driving or heavy snow conditions and it should be much better for highway driving.

P.S. no I don't feel like deflating my tires every time I want to roll into the garage with the roof-stuff on the vehicle.

Hi Trailpixie, I have the QL and use the park feature every time I pull into the garage or go to the shops you will have to excuse my figures as I only know the stats in metric. With the park mode once I am doing less than 40 kph I activate it so by the time I have stopped it is at the lowered height and when I head out again it automatically returns to its normal ride height after the vehicle is doing over 8kph, with the "sport" mode I have activated it at 60kph and the vehicle has still lowered the one down side is you have to re do the set to sport every time you turn the engine off as it resets itself back to normal ride.

trelos78 09-24-2012 06:16 AM

I have the wk2 with QL as well. Park mode will stay on as long as you are under 15mph.

MAXGroup 09-24-2012 12:19 PM

All above is correct you are fine with park mode.
Sport doesn't lower as much, maybe even only the front, I'm not sure. I any case if you turn car off it will go back to normal height from sport, check the park mode to see it stay lowered when turned back on

Trailpixie 09-24-2012 12:41 PM

Well that all seems pretty cool. Now I need to hope that they offer it on the Laredo X Diesel when it comes out next year. They DID offer QL on V8 Laredo Xs but they have since discontinued it on anything but limited and overlands. I REALLY don't want to pay for heated back seats and steering wheel or chrome exhaust pipes or ventilated front seats. It is a jeep and it will get dirty. I don't want a cadillac.

charby 09-24-2012 06:21 PM

I have noticed my front end lower after jeep has been parked in garage and being turned off for about 1 minute. It was in normal mode, and one time I had 2 bikes on bike rack which was removed and then saw front move down. Is this some form of self levelling that was on when bikes were installed?

berk483 09-26-2012 09:30 PM

Yes the QL will self-level after it has been parked for a few minutes. Sport mode is the same as aero mode on the highway. It lowers the front only .5 inches. Park is something like 1.5 inches down from normal height.