Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   iPod question (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/ipod-question-47884.html)

Darth Vapor SRT 09-24-2012 11:08 AM

iPod question

Stupid question.....I leave my iPod connected in the USB port hidden. When I turn off the car I notice the iPod stays on and I have to manually turn it off. If I dont manually turn it off will the ipod shut itself down or do I need to manually turn it off every time?

azzolij 09-24-2012 11:46 AM

Re: iPod question

Mine goes off all by itself. I don't recall if it's after I open the door or the IPod timeout
from inactivity..

ColdCase 09-24-2012 01:35 PM

That USB connector power is controlled by the radio/Uconnect box or is powered by the same source. When the radio power is on the USB power is on. The radio stays on for a bit after you turn the car off as an exit delay feature, by default I think 5 minutes. You can change the exit delay in the EVIC settings somewhere. On mine, the power turns back on shortly after opening a door.

xsdbs 09-26-2012 09:02 AM

the iPod will go to sleep if not turned off. When it goes to sleep mode, it'll wake back up when the key is turned on and UC powers up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaximumSteel13 (Post 687755)
Stupid question.....I leave my iPod connected in the USB port hidden. When I turn off the car I notice the iPod stays on and I have to manually turn it off. If I dont manually turn it off will the ipod shut itself down or do I need to manually turn it off every time?

jgc4ever 10-16-2012 12:35 AM

If using the Auxillary cord (instead of USB), will the iPod still power off on it's own when shutting the Jeep off?

Thanks.

xsdbs 10-16-2012 11:10 AM

It should go into sleep mode, but it doesn't completely power off. Just like if you were using it when you walked into your office and sit it on your desk while at work. It would wake back up when you pressed any buttons.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgc4ever (Post 697450)
If using the Auxillary cord (instead of USB), will the iPod still power off on it's own when shutting the Jeep off?

Thanks.

Andrew Klossner 10-16-2012 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgc4ever (Post 697450)
If using the Auxiliary cord (instead of USB), will the iPod still power off on it's own when shutting the Jeep off?

No. The auxiliary cord carries an analog audio signal from iPod to the head unit. There's no control signaling, so the iPod doesn't know anything about what's happening on the other end of the cord.

An iPod Touch doesn't actually power off when connected via USB either. It goes dormant, but it's still alive and drawing down its battery. This won't matter to you if you never remove it from the car, but if you come out to the garage some morning to grab it for a jog, you may be disappointed.

jgc4ever 10-16-2012 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew Klossner (Post 697610)
No. The auxiliary cord carries an analog audio signal from iPod to the head unit. There's no control signaling, so the iPod doesn't know anything about what's happening on the other end of the cord.

An iPod Touch doesn't actually power off when connected via USB either. It goes dormant, but it's still alive and drawing down its battery. This won't matter to you if you never remove it from the car, but if you come out to the garage some morning to grab it for a jog, you may be disappointed.

I'm using an iPod nano 2nd gen. Thanks for your helpful answer.