Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   More sunroof. (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/more-sunroof-47913.html)

AAAA 09-25-2012 10:38 AM

More sunroof.

This time of year my roof is open almost all the time. :)

Yesterday I took my wife to MD for that test for which we middle agers all love to hate to prepare. I thought about leaving the roof open in the parking lot for the 3 or 4 hours we would be there, but at the last minute set it to "vent". While I was with her in recovery it started to sprinkle. :eek:

I got it closed with no apparent water in the vehicle. Do you have any similar or worse stories? :confused:

4jeepdiesel 09-25-2012 11:17 AM

Re: More sunroof.

I wonder if in the 14s you can control your windows and sunroof from your smart phone. That way if you're in a meeting and it starts to rain you can just close things up from your office chair.

Howhigh 09-25-2012 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4jeepdiesel (Post 688219)
I wonder if in the 14s you can control your windows and sunroof from your smart phone. That way if you're in a meeting and it starts to rain you can just close things up from your office chair.

That would be a really neat feature like how you can roll down the front windows on the key fob.

ajs800 09-25-2012 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Howhigh (Post 688278)
That would be a really neat feature like how you can roll down the front windows on the key fob.

I had this mod with my 2006 Acura TL and it was very handy. It had the factory Key FOB option to roll down all windows and sunroof but couldn't close windows. A simple $40 add-on allowed everything to be closed with a simple push of a button remotely. I think there are safety issues that would not allow this to be an available factory option.

scooterha 09-25-2012 08:00 PM

LOL yea.. sometimes i will forget that it rained the night before, and i live on a hill. so at the bottom of the hill and i have the sunroof open the water flies into the car.

nathantw 09-27-2012 06:10 PM

I remember seeing a commercial for a car that closed the sunroof automatically when it started to rain. Not sure what car it was for, maybe a Lexus? I was hoping/wishing the Jeep had that feature.

BobsWK2 09-27-2012 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nathantw (Post 689415)
I remember seeing a commercial for a car that closed the sunroof automatically when it started to rain. Not sure what car it was for, maybe a Lexus? I was hoping/wishing the Jeep had that feature.

You would think it would be pretty easy to incorporate this into any vehicle that has rain sensing wipers. But no doubt it comes down to cost.