Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f182/)
-   -   i need help with my hids!!!!! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f182/i-need-help-with-my-hids-47936.html)

Bebenekd 09-25-2012 07:17 PM

i need help with my hids!!!!!

Someone please help. Spent way too much time on this already. I purchase 8k hids and a relay harness that is needed for my 05 Laredo. I did some research and according to it and all my friends, they were installed correctly. But only my right light works and my left is still not working. I checked both bulbs and ballasts. Everything works. I called the guy who I bought them from and he said I need to cut a wire and splice it with the parking light.. I don't want to try this unless I'm positive it'll work! And the store I bought from wanted 65 $ for install! I figured I'd try this before paying. PLEASE HELP! I would like to have them up and working already!!!!

Bebenekd 09-25-2012 07:18 PM

i need help with my hids!!!!!

Someone please help. Spent way too much time on this already. I purchase 8k hids and a relay harness that is needed for my 05 Laredo. I did some research and according to it and all my friends, they were installed correctly. But only my right light works and my left is still not working. I checked both bulbs and ballasts. Everything works. I called the guy who I bought them from and he said I need to cut a wire and splice it with the parking light.. I don't want to try this unless I'm positive it'll work! And the store I bought from wanted 65 $ for install! I figured I'd try this before paying. PLEASE HELP! I would like to have them up and working already!!!!

Madanio24 09-25-2012 07:25 PM

Re: i need help with my hids!!!!!

DO not spice anything!!!!!

All you need for HIDS to work is 2 ballasts, 2 bulbs, and 1 relay. Connect the power wire (Wire with inline Fuse) of the relay to the postive side of the battery, I have mine connected to a bolt on the second fusebox under the hood. There is a black wire, connect that anywhere on the car frame thats metal.

There should be a female plug, that connects into the lowbeam wire to tell the relay when to turn on.

Then there should be 2 male plugs, each of these connects to one ballast

COmming out of the ballast there should be two wires makesure they are connected to the HID Bulbs.

If you have done this and one headlight still is not working, check connections, check power right before it connects into the ballast. If there is power then you know you either have a bad ballast or bulb.

NOTE: Both Ballasts need to be plugged into the relay harness. The WK's do not have enough power in the lowbeam wire to power HIDS. Thats why you need a seperate relay.

jlewissystem 09-25-2012 08:59 PM

Is your connector backwards?

JMLoughrey 09-26-2012 08:38 AM

Try swapping your left and right ballasts and see if the issue follows the ballast or stays the same.

mTBrunner83 09-26-2012 08:46 AM

Is this on a single relay? Sometimes you just need a relay for each light. Also make sure the ground is in the recommended location.

antsjeep 09-26-2012 09:10 AM

sounds like he needs to flip the power plug over at the ballast side.

Madanio24 09-26-2012 12:10 PM

This thread is also in troubleshooting section

SvenskaJeepGuy 09-26-2012 12:26 PM

switch everything around and see if the problem follows the setup. then switch the bulbs to see if it is the bulbs or the ballasts. you likely have a poor ground somewhere though.

Bebenekd 09-26-2012 02:13 PM

Yes I'm aware it's in two spots.... and yea I wrote in my post that I tried switching bulbs and ballasts.

Did anyone else have this problem?!

spyder873 09-26-2012 03:35 PM

I combined both threads ,No need to have a double post

ekaz 09-26-2012 04:44 PM

Have tried reversing the polarity on the plug (flip the connector over)? I've had to do that some of the kits that I used to get.