Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

Winter Chill and Rugged Brown Build Out

7K views 35 replies 15 participants last post by  jkratze1 
#1 ·
GRAND CHEROKEEBuild-out paints: Winter Chill (PBA) and Rugged Brown (PTW) are building out on November 1. In the October allocation period, please submit your orders with these paints as soon as possible. The paints will become unorderable as of October 10, 2012.2012-09-26

#5 ·
It means that after October Allocation both Winter Chill and Rugged Brown can no longer be ordered. I posted it so folks that are thinking of ordering a GC in one of those colors know to get their orders in asap. Both colors will be gone.
Bummer. I was hoping that the rugged brown would stick around for the 2014 diesel Overland Summit or other models potentially.

I liked the winter chill color but not on the jeep. It just didn't fit IMO.

Any idea of what colors might replace the brown and the chill?

Or do you think they will revamp all the color choices for the refresh?

Thank you.

#7 · (Edited)
I also found this:

2013 Grand Cherokee Est. lead time in weeks: 8 - 10

Key Production Hold or Lead Times:

Final Order date for Bright Silver Metallic (PS2) is 10/30/12.
Final Order date for Mineral Gray Metallic (PDM) is 10/07/12.
Rugged Brown Pearl (PTW) has been cancelled for 2013 model year.
Final Order date for Winter Chill Pearl (PBA) is 10/12/12.
WKJX74 Grand Cherokee 4WD 4dr SRT8 Bright Silver Metallic (PS2) is on hold until 12/03/12.

#8 · (Edited)
Makes sense as I saw this on Donlen.com

Final production is scheduled to end:
  • Rugged Brown Pearl Coat (PTW) - 11/01/12
  • Mineral Gray Metallic Clear Coat (PDM) - 11/21/12
  • Winter Chill Pearl Coat (PBA) - 11/26/12
  • Bright Silver Metallic Clear Coat (PS2) - 12/14/12
Was told Donlen was pretty accurate source for this type of info.

#11 ·
I really do like the Winter Chill...so I bought one. :) That said, it's nice that you posted the warning so that folks who do want those colors can get in the queue. I do hope that they have some lighter colors available going forward for folks who want the Summit as there are many of us who will not buy a dark color, such as black, dark grey, dark brown, etc.

#15 ·
When I bought my Jeep, I was told by my dealer that silver was being replaced with Billet. I don't know if it is true or what Billet looks like, but I am glad I have Bright Silver Metallic.

#16 · (Edited)
I certainly wasn't offended, Pat! So much of the whole appearance thing is subjective which is easy to see in these forums...there are some things that folks do to their Jeeps that don't, um...make me fond...and other things that have me cheering. I'm sure that each of us feels the same way.

That said, I believe it's important that the folks at Jeep keep options open for everyone to have some reasonable choices when it comes to color combinations...for both exterior and interior appointments and all the way up through the trim levels. When I was buying my Summit, I really would have loved to be able to get it in Stone White, but that was not an option. Winter Chill was the only light color available and fortunately, I did like it. The other three colors just were not appealing to me personally. Going to the "Overland only" to get more color choices wasn't going to work for me because there was a lot more black on the interior, even though the seats had the New Saddle coloring. I really don't like dark interiors and that interior was too much black for me at that trim level. And I wanted the appointments that were standard on the Summit. So I have a nice Winter Chill Summit staring at me outside of my home office window. :)

So...it will be interesting to see what options are available for the coming model years... ;)

#17 ·
I need to ask everyone's opinion/advice on a color. I drive country/dirt roads very frequently including some low creek/stream crossing as well as some truly off road travel for work. I have a red GC now and the dirt and dust just seem to stick to it making it look 2-tone at times. What colors do you all think would be the best for hiding the dust/dirt? I know black and white are probably out. thanks in advance!

#19 ·
I like how my MG hides dirt real well. Silver is another color that hides dirt, but that color is way overdone now.

#18 ·
That's a bummer. I like both those colors. Hopefully they will come out with something new and unique. Black, white, and silver are quite boring IMO.

#20 ·
When was the last time a grand cherokee had a really deep burgundy/brandywine color? I think that would be much better than the cherry red pearl which in person doesn't look so cherry red to me.

#24 ·
Agree!! That is the color I wanted when looking at other vehicles. I had a neighbor with an older Cherokee Laredo in "red" that looked orange. I didn't want that red. Deep Cherry is much better, but I would have preferred a burgundy....

#23 ·
Rugged Brown is not unlike Black and other very dark colors...when the dust dries...it's lighter in color and shows big-time. That's why lighter colors tend to be better at masking a lot of the dirt. Obviously, that's for "regular" dust/dirt. If you play in things like red-clay-like stuff....

#30 ·
Pat,

Thanks for the clarification. It seems to be the same picture I was able to find. When you hear any other rumors on what other colors might be available would you please post? Thank you very much!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.